Side grills

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well in reading the threads about black behind the grills, I looked at mine and the recess is not black (was not done when PO did otherwise nice repaint). It also looks like the grills are attached with putty. I see from previous threads that they are held by ?gromets or ? clips and that these can break off and the grills can break as well.

My grills are just in average condition - are these still available from BMW or Maxmillian or ?

Many thanks. I don't want to try to remove mine and not have a plan B.

Yes, they are available and pricey. I just purchased all four grills from a guy in Germany; all four grills were about %625. I'll PM you his email and details

The underlays are available several places - I just saw them at Jaymic; however, I made mine.

Blumax recommends using a bit of rubber tubing to secure the grills. An short bit, about .5" will do. You will need to experiment with diameters.

Before you bite the bullet and buy new ones, you can try to put studs into them so that they can be screwed on.

I'm not particularly cheap, but I thought what the heck; at the price of replacement, I'd try to fix them myself before I buy new ones. The process is relatively simple, and it actually works.

Back