Site Etiquette?

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it a no-no to do a build thread on here for my E3? The E3 page is so baron that I don't think anyone would ever see it....plus, I'm always coming on the E9 side for advice. One thread would be nice to consolidate. If not, all good.

-Stephen

Stephen,

I tend to agree with you. However, even when posting in E3 only, good example just happened the other day, sometimes people on the site reply thinking they are talking about an E9. I think it was regarding the trim where the belt trim is different enough to want to know what trim one is talking about. Just a simple mix up. There are enough subtleties that at times it is nice to solely address the E3. Most of the Veteran's on here occasionally check the E3 board just to see what's going on and chime in when appropriate (or not appropriate, whatever LOL). I have started threads on the E9 side at times for that exact reason you mentioned, when I want more members' advice than would normally check the E3 side. I am not a moderator or anything but I don't think it hurts to keep them separate.

Dan and the rest of the moderators aren't going to slash your tires or anything if you occasionally post E3 related subject on the E9 General Discussion or here on the Projects/Restoration side. This board compared to many other auto or any blog for that matter are pretty sophisticated on the whole and I don't think will get offended by any intelligent questions or observations (whatever) on E9 or E3. Anyhow, just my 2 cents. Parts and Car classifieds are already mixed in here. I don't know? I was checking the Euro Classic car site the other day and I was seeing prime examples of original 3.3L E3's in the $90K range. Pretty crazy, I had to look at it a few times to see if I was seeing it right. There is a lot of cross over with the cars but sometimes having them separate is nice.

-GB

If I am working a project on my E3 and know it overlaps the E9, I tend to post on E9 to obtain accurate, quick and abundant response. If car specific, then my post is car specific.

Cool... Yeah, I feel like any questions specific to E3 should be on that board, but so many technical questions are almost identical between the two cars. E3 doesn't have a build/resto thread, so I don't think I'd do one on the E3 discussion board.. Besides, if I had a high end E9, I'm not sure I'd want these pesky E3 sedans cramping my space..:) Lol..
The last time I asked as many questions I'm sure to ask here was when I did my 1600 resto... Anyway...awesome to be here and hope I get to know some of you guys when I finally get out and about... man, I remember going to FestWest 2002 in 2002 with my first 02'...that was awesome.. Love these old cars... okay, back to the garage!

Welcome StephanZ
No problem. We are still a small family.
But if asking for answers, be sure to note.

"Besides, if I had a high end E9, I'm not sure I'd want these pesky E3 sedans cramping my space..:)"

We are really not that pretentious.

However we are known to cannibalize e3's. And I have parts to prove it!

I have a new to me e24. I trust the knowledge base here and the reasonableness of members to ask questions non-e9.

steve

A lot of people use the "New Posts" link at the top of the forum each time they log in so all the new posts show up together anyway..

Dan

I say, post E3 stuff on E3 forum section. If it's lacking attention, you can post a new thread in E9 saying..."Checkout my E3 build over here...!"

I concur. Everyday, I click on the "New Posts" link and I see them all.

Ahhh, I didn't know about the new post tab. That makes sense for regular questions. I guess I noticed that the e3 board barely had any activity and figured they'd probably be okay being blended into one section, since it's a fairly tight group of people and the cars are so similar. I'm just the new guy causing trouble..
But since there isn't a separate e3 build section, I'll probably hold off on posting a build thread in the discussion board... There really aren't enough E3s around to support an actual thread..lol.

Steve (in Reno). Owned an E24 for 20 years. Join the E24 forum, we all know our E24's to the same high level as the knowledge here about E3/E9's. Great group. always positive, always informative....just like here (and some of us even overlap!).

Ahhh, I didn't know about the new post tab. That makes sense for regular questions. I guess I noticed that the e3 board barely had any activity and figured they'd probably be okay being blended into one section, since it's a fairly tight group of people and the cars are so similar. I'm just the new guy causing trouble..
But since there isn't a separate e3 build section, I'll probably hold off on posting a build thread in the discussion board... There really aren't enough E3s around to support an actual thread..lol.

Just post your build thread in E3 section, I did, plenty of input etc...... not sure what you are worried about????

Just post your build thread in E3 section, I did, plenty of input etc...... not sure what you are worried about????

I'm worried that no one will like me and I'll die alone... Kidding...sort of.. No, I just didn't want to put effort into a thread that wouldn't benefit anyone, due to low traffic, but I didn't know about the 'new post' tab, so all good! I'll get on it soon.

Back