SoCal coupe cruisin

corsachili

Reaction score
Bay Area Coupesters Shawn (look at my watch mutha*#$%) and Kurt (I can throw down with the best of em) Delimon are in Southern California for a few days (having picked up Shawn's gorgeous CS at Carl Nelson's shop in San Diego yesterday) and have been hanging with Chela and I.

Today Kurt, Shawn and I trolled around Melrose and Beverly Hills looking at vintage watches but it was Kurt's car that got most of the looks. In an area filled with countless M badged BMWs, Ferrari 420s, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, Rollers, and Porsches the SoCal contingent continues to show their love of old cars. We got numerous visual and vocal encouragement and appreciation all day long, one guy even got inside Kurt's car and sat in the passenger seat!

Good day in Southern California.

WORD!

Was a day to remember FO SHO! The SoCal contigency is soakin up the CS's!
We had more looks in two miles than I get driving all day in NorCal!

Good times even though my cheap ass didn't get a watch that trip. The TWO BALLERS threw down!

Cohiba delight. Out.

COUPES RULE in SoCal

Repeated story:

NOT NEWS TO THIS COUPSTER--Been telling you all for years that this old one--the BLUMAX--cosistently gets thumbs up here in the Newport Beach area--an area of considerable affluence that swarms with many of the most elegant and exotic cars--not a mile from my home is one of the largest BMW "stealers" in SoCal and down the sreet a few blocks is an outlet for Ferraris, Bentleys, Lambos, AM's, Bugatti Veyron, etc.--recently when I dropped by the Bentley store at the back to pick up Doctor Detail (aka Darren McKendry) whose shop does all of their new delivery prepping, all of their back room guys, like kids at a zoo, came running out to see this oldtimer--the BLUMAX--not the driver!!--and whenever I happen to park at the most popular coffee house here in Newport Beach it is always an interesting experience to watch as people will circle him and gesture their approval--whats the point??

Ain't we fortunate-----to have the good taste to have chosen one of these beauties and to have become dedicated caretakers of possibly the prettiest of the Blau mit Weiss since the 507--and to have the fortitude and willingness to pay the price of proper "care and maintenance" to keep them healthy and DRIVEABLE!!!

Back