SOLD: BMW E9 CSi leather steering wheel

patipatina

Site Donor
Reaction score
Came with the car so I assume its an original (facelift - thanks @Keshav) CSi steering wheel. And please correct me if I am wrong. Have no use for it.

bmw_e9_csi_steering_wheel_2.jpg
bmw_e9_csi_steering_wheel_3.jpg
bmw_e9_csi_steering_wheel_4.jpg
bmw_e9_csi_steering_wheel_5.jpg
bmw_e9_csi_steering_wheel_6.jpg

Last edited:
The U.K. 74 CSI came with a leather wrapped steering wheel, just like this one.

It also came on the 3.3LI. The foam is actually thinner on this wheel to account for the leather. If the leather meets evenly with the spoke plastic, you know it is legit. If it sits proud then it is a recover. The spoke actually steps down to account for the leather. I know because the leather on mine was torn and I removed it.

My wheel:
386377B6-DB00-460E-8A5A-D0AC9BDAFE23.jpeg

Mine didn’t have the final stitch perpendicular to the spoke end (like the CSL petri) as shown above. Neither does the 3.3LI in the photo above. With that said, the stitching (particularly the 6pm stitch that adjoins the wheel) looks factory to me. It could be verified by checking the spoke end for the step down.

3.3LI - Notice the -25mm bulge in the 6pm stitch where the skived leather overlaps. Present on the wheel for sale. Rare that you see a recover with skiving unless the shop actually gives a crap about accuracy.
C8B2A966-5FCE-4C89-809D-1C1BC41234DA.jpeg

I learn new stuff every day, it is indeed a great forum. What kind of picture / section you guys need to verify? I was told it came with the european / german market E9. But again, this could be wrong ‍:)

Back