Some diversion...

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suspect some members here have some memories of their slot car track in the basement when they were growing up. (Or even now) I admit to this. Had what became quite an elaborate set up on a 4x8 surface. Banked corners, pits, spectators, logos, crew etc. Moved to the left coast, folks sold it off. Oh well, I now have a NInco set, ready to explore possibilities;). But look what is listed on BAT right now :

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My older brother and I used to spend hours and hours in the basement racing. He was into modifying them. I seem to remember having both Tyco cars and another brand?? I felt I was actually racing cars doing that. I loved the smells of slot car racing. We started off with Scalextric, but H.O was the one that we stuck with because it was cheaper and seemed so fast.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i never had a big slot car setup, just an aurora setup with the tiny cars ... we had fun building fun tracks and racing against each other.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I too was huge into HO cars when I was young. My 68 Ford Galaxy was the fastest (Aurora) car in the neighborhood.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My older brother had an Eldon set with a blue Ferrari GTO, a yellow Stingray coupe, a green Jaguar D-tpe, and a white Porsche 550. They were incredibly cool and like 6" long and fantastic build quality. I had a dozen Aurora AF/X cars, and would spend all my time working on them to go faster (gears, slicks, lubricants etc), hardly ever driving or racing. I loved my Dodge love van and Bronco convertible both of which I added a miniature long whip CB antenna to which also reflected my obsession with that craze. A glued in 2nd pin in back would make them unbeatable. Those were the days!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My older brother had an Eldon set with a blue Ferrari GTO, a yellow Stingray coupe, a green Jaguar D-tpe, and a white Porsche 550. They were incredibly cool and like 6" long and fantastic build quality. I had a dozen Aurora AF/X cars, and would spend all my time working on them to go faster (gears, slicks, lubricants etc), hardly ever driving or racing. I loved my Dodge love van and Bronco convertible both of which I added a miniature long whip CB antenna to which also reflected my obsession with that craze. A glued in 2nd pin in back would make them unbeatable. Those were the days!

I remember the fixed magnets slid into a slot in the chassis, which made them removable parts. I spent hours going through and testing all of the magnets I had so that the strongest set ended up in my favorite car. Then, I test all of the armatures...

The second pin in the back trick was cool, but letting the back end hang out was faster, right up until your car goes flying off the track, off the 4x8 sheet of plywood and onto the floor.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine was Eldon, 1/32 scale. Had lots of cars. You could purchase clear plastic shells of almost any car and paint them, add decals, swap chassis. And that point about the rear end of the car sliding out was tricky to master, but sometimes we could get it just right and nudge the opponent's car off the track, and over the edge onto the floor. Had to start placing pillows in certain "trouble spots" ;)

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All my 1/32 slot cars are BMWs, 2002s, CSLs E30M3s & McLarens.

I'd like to build a Ninco 1/32 Lime Rock, because the Nurburgring is still too big at that scale..
2002 slot car.JPG
IMG_5358.JPG
Slot Art Cars.JPG
Rallye 02.JPG
Koons.JPG
E9 1:24 Nose.jpg
E9 1:24 Pkg copy.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score