Someone put this seller out of his misery

G-Man

Reaction score
Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item439b6b9f33

Ebay item # 290370330419

Wow, someone had some real deep pockets on this E3. I bought a 73 Bavaria barn find in 99 that was stored for 10 years since it flunked CA smog in 89. I only paid $750 bucks for it. My Bav had only 119K documented miles, engine was seized when I bought it so I scored a used 3.0 motor from Jeff Ireland and had that installed. I knew the automatic wouldn't last long so I started gathering for parts for 5 speed conversion. I had coupeking do the 5 speed conversion in 02. I sold my Bav in 06 for $2.5K (I miss that car, it liked to run) but I didn't spend any where near 16K as this owner claimed. It had Weber's, Bilstein's, Hella, SS brake lines, H1/H4's, etc.. I can't believe that bidding is starting at 7K for a car with diving board bumpers. The seller is dreaming that a buyer will pay 7K or more for a 74 Bavaria. I wish I had money to burn on a car like this seller has.

G-Man

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
I do not understand why sellers have to give their whole life story. They should just say what the upgrades where and have x amount in receipts! If you had ADD you would have a difficult time focusing beyond the first sentence.
abe

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Reads like one of my epic postings...doesn't it? My only excuse is that I enjoy writing about my life and my personal stuff like cars and dogs and custom architecture ... Being a twice published author (but not an alcholic) means one needs to bear the bumps in life straight on and that really can hurt the psyche if not humorously spit back out... My current secret life is my practicing stand up comedy scenarios while feeding the dog twice a day...truthfully has anyone noticed my keen wit and wry humor or does it go over like a log in icy water?

Pardon my excess and toss it back this way with comment if you need a more synopsic version of the posting...be glad to oblidge as editing is the staff of life over here...as a stand up comic it's important to be able to take as well as one puts out....and that's not easy as one is often making light of guy in the front row who's got terminal cancer and you are telling him to (jokingly) get new rubber wheels or just end it all by shooting himself when he gets home...this goes over but I hate the thought of anyone taking my humor seriously...and I dont keep guns in the house here in case anyone is asking!

Check out this posting from the POV of the car buyer when he learns his agreed upon price does not include the fees and taxes on the purchase!

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5502&page=3

Actually I have seen this car (Oregon?)I like the color and would be quite surprised if he garnered more than 3-4k for it...looks very comfy!

is that price reasonable?

Cheers!

Ran

Last edited:

CadillacGreen

Reaction score
Wow, anyone notice the "factory stick" holding up the hood on that Bav?

;)

I would love to find a nice solid Bav in a color like that, but that car has already dragged one owner to his death financially.

Other stuff is sure to be lurking as it sounds like a car that was neglected by the original owner.

jmackro

Reaction score
... but that car has already dragged one owner to his death financially. Other stuff is sure to be lurking as it sounds like a car that was neglected by the original owner.

It is a nice looking Bavaria, but but yea, it appears to be cursed.

It is sad when people don't realize that the money they have sunk into a car bears no relationship to its value. It is also sad when ebay sellers don't understand that this isn't a facebook page, where it is appropriate to gush out your life story - it's a car ad for petesake!

ElRey

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stand up

Ran . . .
That poor poor dog.:mrgreen:
I have to admit that when I'm reading some of your pleonasms, I might look like this!

Confused_dog.jpg

Yours in Couping,
-Kingman

Last edited:

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Someone put jranmann out of his misery!
Sorry, couldn't help myself
abe
Reads like one of my epic postings...doesn't it? My only excuse is that I enjoy writing about my life and my personal stuff like cars and dogs and custom architecture ... Being a twice published author (but not an alcholic) means one needs to bear the bumps in life straight on and that really can hurt the psyche if not humorously spit back out... My current secret life is my practicing stand up comedy scenarios while feeding the dog twice a day...truthfully has anyone noticed my keen wit and wry humor or does it go over like a log in icy water?

Pardon my excess and toss it back this way with comment if you need a more synopsic version of the posting...be glad to oblidge as editing is the staff of life over here...as a stand up comic it's important to be able to take as well as one puts out....and that's not easy as one is often making light of guy in the front row who's got terminal cancer and you are telling him to (jokingly) get new rubber wheels or just end it all by shooting himself when he gets home...this goes over but I hate the thought of anyone taking my humor seriously...and I dont keep guns in the house here in case anyone is asking!

Check out this posting from the POV of the car buyer when he learns his agreed upon price does not include the fees and taxes on the purchase!

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5502&page=3

Actually I have seen this car (Oregon?)I like the color and would be quite surprised if he garnered more than 3-4k for it...looks very comfy!

is that price reasonable?

Cheers!

Ran

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I cant get past 4 lines of texts....
Pity Stan, as I was about to request you also include the VIN associated with that comment...so I could undertstand the true meaning...?
Oh well?

I am sure that your well-appreciated and charmingly avid application of your energies to your new profession of culling VIN numbers from anything Coupe related will serve you well in the future...perhaps while in remedial
reading adult night classes if and when you decide to expand your posting to the 9th grade reading level...

:mrgreen:

Now that we are beyond the 4th line...

PS. And perhaps mention that not all words in the English language require an 's' on the tail end of the word to make them plural...' Text 'historically always having at least two characters in order to correctly apply the descriptive term to the subject...I can't at the moment even come up with an example of such an instance but if you think of an example of a one character text please forward that onward

Fortunately, we all grin and finally send Stan VIN numbers he dilligetly reminds us to get...One thought is that some fool (internet terrorist?) is going to someday begin making up those numbers from scratch and send them with the others...how will you verify and keep the Registry from forever be corrupted... as the only rule about compuerized information that is always true is that even wrong information sticks forever both on the internet and on websites like ours, once it's put into html code....hell to remove as cache files cannot be...just be 'kareful'...!

Cheers!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Stan, keep up the good work, most of us appreciate what you're doing...

...and, wasn't this thread about a car at one point?

Dan

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
e9's

Well what I know about the cars and owners is they are all crazy. Anyone who owns an older BMW should know going in. It's not a new car and it costs the bank to keep it up. As for jrran many of his posts do have a great and hidden humor we should all get, but some just simply miss it. Good luck to all.

acat2002

Reaction score
This E24 story tops the Bavaria story by a long shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Supe...ars_Trucks?hash=item2a02969553#ht_5825wt_1163

Ebay item # 180432049491

Starting bid, $250K. Somebody has been hitting the crack pipe a few too many times lately. Wow!!!

G-Man

Get the F*** Out! are you kidding me?
THis is easily "the best" joke on eBay I have ever seen.
Better than the infamous "Jesus Toast" that sold on eBay, better than the guy who advertised his entire life on eBay (you could buy his identity and assume all his debts/assets).
Love how he has no problem retorting to his critics "you obviously don't comprehend.....etc, etc." Now really, who has limited comprehension...jeez idunno, maybe the SELLER?

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
With the trillions of $$ we are getting in debt which will probably cause inflation...one day 250k may just be a bargain. This guy is planning ahead.abe

Very big bucks...and you just might be right Abe...very funny!

I heard a definitive description of just how much one Trillion dollars really is the other day...

Say one were living in Rome, in 12 BC and just happened to have a Trillion US in one's pocket to spend...AND for every day then until now (November 20, 2009) one were actually able to spend one million US per day, every day between then and tomorrow (November 21, 2009) one would still have almost one-third of a Trillion left to get rid of tomorrow...now that is big bucks!

Consider the US deficit at over 2 trillion by year's end and we can see that spending a paltry quarter million on an e24, as Abe points out, might just be sound investment advice!

lol!

acat2002

Reaction score
Very big bucks...and you just might be right Abe...very funny!

I heard a definitive description of just how much one Trillion dollars really is the other day...

Say one were living in Rome, in 12 BC and just happened to have a Trillion US in one's pocket to spend...AND for every day then until now (November 20, 2009) one were actually able to spend one million US per day, every day between then and tomorrow (November 21, 2009) one would still have almost one-third of a Trillion left to get rid of tomorrow...now that is big bucks!

Consider the US deficit at over 2 trillion by year's end and we can see that spending a paltry quarter million on an e24, as Abe points out, might just be sound investment advice!

lol!

....or to put it another way, it will take 33 years to work off the 2-trillion dollar debt if every household pays $100,000 in taxes per year. and what's the likelihood of every household even earning $100,000/year under the new regime? scary, hugh? My kids are 3 and will have to learn to say "yes sir, boss" in Chinese.

BTW, this toolbag seller was brilliant enough to splash his real name all over the ad for the entire world to see. Google him. He fits every shyster stereotype I've seen.....mortgage broker, used car salesman, mortgage scam artist, investment residential real estate flipper wannabe - not kidding, look it up.
Though he didn't appear as a member of MENSA...wonder why? .....and yes before anyone chides me for even caring, I was REALLY bored the other night and had too much time on my hands. and NO, he's not a member here, so I'm not worried about abusing him.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
BTW, this toolbag seller was brilliant enough to splash his real name all over the ad for the entire world to see. Google him. He fits every shyster stereotype I've seen.....mortgage broker, used car salesman, mortgage scam artist, investment residential real estate flipper wannabe - not kidding, look it up.
Civil litigation Attorney in there somewhere?

lol!

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
You've got to give him credit for the viral marketing side of his posting. After all, how many folks out there would give this car a second look at $25K?

He's obviously placating the wife with the ad and maybe really will sell it to someone who loves the look of tomato soup in their silver Thunderbird. "What's it going to take to get you into this car today?" "Okay, let me go talk to my manager (wife)"

The real question is: why an orange interior when purple and gold would have looked so much better?