Something complete different !

Orangener

Reaction score
1) Location : Vienna/Austria/Europe
2) Price : 30.000€ o.n.o.
3) Detailed description : Conversion of an E9 with E30 backlights, E30 front and M3 E30 fenders, L-jetronic, 5-speed, shadow line (no chrome) etc........never ending story
4) Photos : See pics below...........but dont get frightened !

The former owner died last month, now the widow sells the car .
Price is visionary, I know, but she dont know.....
There's no accounting for taste.

imm008.jpg

imm001.jpg

imm028.jpg

imm027.jpg

imm026.jpg

imm025.jpg

imm024.jpg

imm023.jpg

imm022.jpg

imm021.jpg

imm020.jpg

imm019.jpg

imm018.jpg

imm017.jpg

imm016.jpg

imm015.jpg

imm014.jpg

imm013.jpg

imm012.jpg

imm011.jpg

imm010.jpg

imm009.jpg

imm007.jpg

imm006.jpg

imm005.jpg

imm004.jpg

imm003.jpg

imm002.jpg

imm000.jpg

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Like a bad accident, it's got me staring. Mix of rounded with squared just doesn't work for me. In spite of my appreciation of stock, I applaud attempts at expressing one's creativity.
Not to hijack this thread but best non stock coupe on my list is still-

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4034179

Interior is on the garish side, but I like the look of the single headlights. For me, less is more in this case.

Happy Turkey day everybody!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is that yellow switch on the dash for the passenger ejector seat?

Like a bad accident, it's got me staring. Mix of rounded with squared just doesn't work for me. In spite of my appreciation of stock, I applaud attempts at expressing one's creativity.
Not to hijack this thread but best non stock coupe on my list is still-

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4034179

Interior is on the garish side, but I like the look of the single headlights. For me, less is more in this case.

Happy Turkey day everybody!

rwolak

Reaction score
Other than the seats and extra gauges on the dash, the body is very appealing. Of course, you have to like driving something different to appreciate it.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Blah

They've managed to eliminate everything that was unique or distinct about both cars to produce something that is kind of... bland.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I do like the e30 M3 fender flares on the coupe; they are less wild than the gruppe 4/5 flares on a street coupe. However, I think he should have stopped there. BMWs of that vintage were boxy and not very compelling when viewed from the front or back. 30K Euro seems like a lot for a car that probably has a select few individuals that always wanted to meld to iconic bmws together, but I do wish him luck with the sale.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
I do like the e30 M3 fender flares on the coupe; they are less wild than the gruppe 4/5 flares on a street coupe. However, I think he should have stopped there. BMWs of that vintage were boxy and not very compelling when viewed from the front or back. 30K Euro seems like a lot for a car that probably has a select few individuals that always wanted to meld to iconic bmws together, but I do wish him luck with the sale.

I too like the fenders & quarters puffed out like that but instead of screwing around with the bumpers & other stuff he should have put a bat car kit on it, that car might have looked pretty neat then. I could never understand why they put the chromed fender flair covers on the bat car, to me it just looks odd on a car with so much of a race car look, more like they were preparing the car for New York City street parking, God forbid. I would almost bet all that custom body work is fiberglass but if it is steel I’m very impressed and would tip my hat to the builder, may he rest in peace. ~ John Buchtenkirch

Orangener

Reaction score
I would almost bet all that custom body work is fiberglass but if it is steel I’m very impressed and would tip my hat to the builder, may he rest in peace.

It is steel, no fibreglass or bondo !

I attended the funeral of the former owner, he had made the engine of my Orange, a great artist.
He was able to synchronice a weber triple carb by ear........a dedicated mechanic and race driver.
Alfa Romeo, Renault and BMW, he drove the Targa Florio in the 60ies and 70ies....
His best friend layed him a sport steering wheel in the grave, I shed a tear, it was touching.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
It is steel, no fibreglass or bondo !

I attended the funeral of the former owner, he had made the engine of my Orange, a great artist.
He was able to synchronice a weber triple carb by ear........a dedicated mechanic and race driver.
Alfa Romeo, Renault and BMW, he drove the Targa Florio in the 60ies and 70ies....
His best friend layed him a sport steering wheel in the grave, I shed a tear, it was touching.

Well then while I may not like all his styling ideas as a fellow metal shaper I certainly can appreciate all the work that went into the car :-D. The deck lid spoiler and the way it blends into the quarters looks like how I would imagine BMW would have done it if the car had been designed at a later date, very nice indeed :grin::grin:. Thank you for posting all the photos. ~ John Buchtenkirch
A res#6.jpg

A res#3.jpg