Source for power steering hose

jmackro

Reaction score
Does anyone know a US-based source for CS power steering hoses? I need the high pressure hose that runs from the pump to the box (though replacing the two low-pressure hoses might not be a bad idea while I'm in there). My local mechanic called a couple of his suppliers, said he was working on a 37-year old BMW, and got a "ha ha" as a reply.

Obviously we could have a local hydraulic hose jobber, like Mesa Hose in Costa Mesa, make one up. But, it would be nice to find one pre-made.

Thanks!

Hi & Lo pressure hose(s)

I would go to Mesa for your replacements--take the originals with you as a pattern--my mechanic had suggested Mesa as well--and I did.

Murray

Any good hydraulic hose shop should be able to make one for you if you take the original along as a pattern.
Failing that Goodridge make all sorts of modern material hoses and fittings if you wanted to make your own.
Malc

Resolution of pwr steering hose source

All good suggestions!

I called Carl at LaJolla Independent late yesterday - he could get them, but the price was somewhat above the #'s quoted in the posts above.

When I checked in with my mechanic this morning, he had already called the dealer, and was quoted the $106 price. He went for it (which was OK by me) after being told that it was the last one in the US.

I'll have to check out this "Bell Auto" - I surfed the web a bit, trying 2002 Haus, 2002AD, and BMW-parts-direct, but none carried these hoses.

I have used Mesa in the past, and they would have been my next alternative.

Thanks for the help!

Back