South Shore Fun Rally

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
any one else going?

The Boston Chapter BMW CCA is happy to announce the South Shore Mansions & Light House Fun Rally with a starting point at BMW GALLERY-NORWELL at 98 Accord Park Drive Norwell MA 02061. There will be a Drivers Meeting at 9:45AM SHARP. First car off at 10:00AM. This is also a low key, no heavy lifting type of event that should be enjoyed by all those who participate. There is a limit of two persons per car so there is no unfair advantage. The line up for the Event will be situated in the Dealership parking lot. This Event is for Boston Chapter/BMW CCA current members only! The Close date for this Event is Monday, May 6th.

Steve Powers the Parts Manager has graciously consented to a 20% discount on BMW Parts (call them ahead at (781)982-4556 to have your parts waiting for you that day). Steve has also promised to have the Service Writers Bay area to be loaded with goodies. Hint need some snow tires already mounted on rims! Avery Trumbo (GM) and our host that day has promised a list of available CPO cars that are for sale. He has also mentioned to me that coffee and munchkins will available for those early birds at the Dealership.

The Rally Route will pass by stately mansions, we’ll see ocean views, light houses, There will be many pastoral settings along the way for your viewing pleasure.

Prizes will be awarded to the top three places. The Rally Meisters decision is final. We will end the Rally near a Restaurant to be announced at the Drivers Meeting, so everyone can have lunch while we score the answer sheets and announce the winners.

Cost for this event is $25.00 per car (two people only per car please). To participate in this event, register for the Fun Rally on the Chapter website www.boston-bmwcca.org and you must pay for this event using PayPal. Please bring a copy of your PayPal receipt to avoid any confusion about payment. If you need to cancel you must do so by Monday, May 6th in order to receive a refund.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I didn't win

Took the coupe out yesterday. Drove about 75 miiles to the start of the ralley. Picked up a bunch of BMW CCA Boston stickers to deliiver to my west coast friends!

The ralley was great fun, a lot of back roads and a lot of miles along the Massachusetts south shore seacoast.

As the ralley meister said "you may not have won but you definitely had the coolest car" The only vintage BMW in the group.

duane_sword

Reaction score
Sounds like a great day cruisin' Stan - I will do a 300 mile round trip next weekend to Saratoga Springs NY to join the BMW Patroon event.

So did you have air-conditioning or all 4 windows down to enjoy the 90'F/30'C temperatures?

What defines a BMW vintage anyway?
* anything not designed by Chris Bangle?
* anything 30 years or older?
* anything E9 or earlier?

The first BMW car was produced in 1927....nearly 50 years before our svelte E9.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day cruisin' Stan - I will do a 300 mile round trip next weekend to Saratoga Springs NY to join the BMW Patroon event.

So did you have air-conditioning or all 4 windows down to enjoy the 90'F/30'C temperatures?

No AC just yet. One more issue came up requiring more time ar VSR. I am waiting to get some perfect interior panels to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Installed my reproduction Golde sunroof wind deflector today... looks cool. Raining soon so cannot try it out till Monday-Tuesday

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you go fast enough...

On my old E3, if you went over about 70mph, no rain would come in the open sunroof...