Speedo drive-how to

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought I would post this just for general info. It's very simple but thought it might interest some members. To remove the speedo drive simply remove the bolt that goes in the threaded hole in picture 1, then using a "crooked tool" grab the hole from the inside and rotate back & forth as you gently pull.
Picture 4 is the "o" ring that should be replaced to prevent leaking. This job can also easily be done without removing the transmission for those who only have a leaking gear orifice.

Attachments

• speedodrive1.jpg
    speedodrive1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 152
  • speedodrive2.jpg
    speedodrive2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 145
  • speedodrive3.jpg
    speedodrive3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 142
  • speedodrive4.jpg
    speedodrive4.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 166
Now, if we could just link those 2 threads :) OK, so I never even thought about the inner seal- and after your instructions probably will not attempt because if you were worried about screwing it up, I WILL screw it up. Thanks though Steve- at least we have a full set of instructions and pictures.

Nah if I can do it anyone can, I just took one for the team on the learning curve.

Now, if we could just link those 2 threads :) OK, so I never even thought about the inner seal- and after your instructions probably will not attempt because if you were worried about screwing it up, I WILL screw it up. Thanks though Steve- at least we have a full set of instructions and pictures.

Back