Springs

jamesr

Reaction score
Right then. This is starting to stress me out slightly. The work on my car is almost complete, but i'm having trouble sourcing some springs for my bilstein HD's. I want to lower the car, but not too much, as i've just got hold of some 16" alpina's. Also, as much as i want the work finished as soon as possible, i'm worried about making the wrong choice.

I've called jaymic and they do a lowering spring that's approx 30mm lower than standard. Does anyone run these? If so, what's the ride like?

I've tried contacting La Jolla by email to find out about Karl Nelsons springs ( part-52 ) but have had no reply so far. I've been meaning to call them, but there never seems enough hours in the day at the moment. So, does anyone know how much lower than standard Karl's springs are? And whether or not they ship to the UK?

Anyone running Korman?
http://www.kormanfastbmw.com/e3e9susp.htm
whats the ride like? Anyone know if you can get them in the UK?

Or alternatively has anyone got any other suggestions.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated,

cheers,

James

James,
Have you talked to the guys in Jaymic?
THey are pretty knowledgable and helped me with springs for my Tii

THyere is a company in Sheffield that will make springs to any size poundage and length, they are not expensive either

I'll track them down and post for you
Malc

James,
Have you talked to the guys in Jaymic?
They helped me with springs for my Tii

There is a company in Sheffield that will make springs to any size poundage and length, they are not expensive either

I'll track them down and post for you
Malc

James,

Have you tried Munich Legends? They are not far from London - close to Gatwick?

Ashdown Garage, Chelwood Gate, East Sussex. RH17 7DE.
Tel: 01825 740456, Fax: 01825 740094

Barney Halse may be able to offer advice / source springs to suit.

I had some springs made by a firm in Sheffield once, they were called custom stockholdings (I think) but I no longer have their number but I'm sure directory inquiries will have. The springs I have on the front of my coupe were the 3 inch lower jobs because for some unknown reason it used to sit up like something demented at the front, anyway spoke to one of the lads at Jaymic and bought these, they ride fine I think they told me that all the springs were 20% uprated no matter what the drop.

Back