Stahl Headers

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
As most of you know, Jere Stahl was the “king” of long tube header design.These are a nice set of Stahl, M30, long tube headers. Sand blasted to bare metal several days ago. all metal and welds are intact and the Stahl serial number is stamped into the flange and the Stahl label is still welded on one of the short tubes.I sprayed a few coats of VHT very hi temp ceramic paint on them to prevent surface rust forming. There are 2 dings/dents, each aproximately 1”X 1/2X” X1/8”, on the elbows before the collectors. If wanted, I can fill them with weld and grind down, but I would rather leave that to whoever buys them.Their choice.. There is typical pitting from rust on the lower tubes. All in all a solid 8-8.5

Stahl’s published price is now $1300 plus the ride. I will sell these for $680 shipped in the lower 48.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bert,

you might want to state which diameter of primary tube that these are. Stahl made 1.25" / 1.375" / 1.5" for street cars. race headers were 1.625". korman states that stock to moderate builds 3.0 to 3.5L should use 1.375. big cams + 45dcoe side drafts ... should use 1.5"

the other side of the coin is that the only group that probably has any NOS of these headers is Korman ... how much??? Korman's price is higher because they only sell them with ceramic coating.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank you Scott.I sure forgot about that. The calipers are giving me 1.366 O.D. so I am assuming that is close enough to be the 1.375s. Maybe a slight difference in my caliper.

Last edited:

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it is a true “M”, the snakes will not fit a non M car as the flanges have 4 mounting bolts per cylinder where an M30 is only two. The true M is the only engine with the bundle of “snakes” so trying to compare the two is like apples and oranges. Both engines perform differently and the Stahl’s are designed for an M30 but in different size tubes depending on the extraction that was needed. As Scott said, there were/are, three different tube sizes and each for a relatively specific use.

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since Stahl retired, these may get to be unobtanium.
The price is fair.
I have a set on my coupe and they are very nice.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think they are already there. the only stock is probably with Korman, and even that is limited ... and as i have mentioned, its expensive.

i have a brand new set in the box ... i will install them sooner or later after i redux the engine.

i agree with Stan, its a really fair price ... and they are great headers.