Stainless Steel Exhaust System

<50miles

Reaction score
Hello One and All

I have a parts question. I have a 72 coupe that I may be selling as an unfinished project. So that I can recoupe (pun intended) some of money I spent on parts that I may not use, I was wondering what is the going rate for an unused Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System? It took almost half a year for me to get them to make it properly. The first couple of times the parts didn't fit right, and then they charged me twice. However, in the end, they did a good job. Having read some posts from Ferrari and Lambrogini owners Stebro have gone through the same thing. Anyway, in 2009 I paid $1600 for the complete system (from headers back).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Andrew

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Andrew......
Some suggestions.

Because many buyers will only purchase items that they inspect first, it is a good idea to state where you and the part are located.
Do you have a picture you can post here?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's a reasonable question. a coupeking stainless system is 1930 bucks and you have somebody who backs it.

i tried to find stebro on the web - and didn't find anything. i had one on my highly modified 2002 - it was loud, and it broke a lot (cracked).

so the downside is that you don't have anybody to back the product - that would make it less valuable in my book.

my recommendation is to post some pics of what you have.

<50miles

Reaction score
Exhaust System

Hello

I guess what I am asking is if the exhaust system is in great condition and is unused what would its value be? If I sell this item, I will be posting pictures to verify its condition. I am in Edmonton, Alberta.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
50 miles ... there are some unknowns about the stebro configuration - pictures would help. the coupeking system goes from the manifold to the end of the car. a header back system is shorter ... but a picture will show what the connection is. for instance, is it a 2 pipe connection to the header (similar to the mount of the downpipes). is the configuration for a short header connection or a long header (like the stahl).

really hard to value something that you don't know what it is. i will reiterate - you are selling something that really isn't warranted ... so that decreases its value.

to also help you - the W+N stainless exhaust is $1151.62.

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Let's try this- a stock system has 3 separate mufflers.
How many does yours have?