Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Downpipes for e9

nameless

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got a login here, known DanG for a long time, have a 3.0CS project I've been languishing over for too long now. Recently, my company, Nameless Performance here in La Center, WA has fabricated and gone into production for a line of exhaust components for the e3 and e9.

Recently we started work on the downpipe portion of the design and have completed it and gone into production on the downpipe kits.

These BMW e3, e9 and e24 Stainless Steel, Mandrel Bent Manifold Downpipes contain a number of improvements over the stock design. Featuring a proprietary flange design for full clocking of the downpipe allowing for ease of installation, perfect, long term seal as well as proper alignment to Nameless 2.5″ Stainless Header Back Exhaust systems as well as to the factory exhaust.

Floating flanges are waterjet from 3/16″ thick T304 stainless plate, V Band Style sealing flange is CNC machined for a flat surface. Thanks to the TIG welding process, the flanges remain flat and true after fabrication as well. 308L rod is used for gorgeous color in the welds as well as lasting longevity in a variety of environmental conditions.

At this aggressive pricing, we are confident that you will not find a better value on the market. Our stainless downpipes are equivalent to the cost of new factory downpipes as well…without the detriments of future corrosion and crush bends that go with the factory manufacturing techniques.

Kit includes flange nuts for assembly to stock manifolds as well as multi layer metal gaskets with a fire ring for high temperature sealing. Instructions are also provided. Advance copies of instructions available on request.

Fit at the aft portion of the pipes is slip fit the same as stock, and factory replacement rear gaskets are included.

Rough estimate of shipping across the US is about $25. Add the item to your cart and input your zip code for accurate quote.

Link to the page on our website to purchase a set, see here: http://namelessperformance.com/products/bmw/bmw-e3-e9-e24-stainless-downpipes/

Any questions, feel free to ask. I have set up a discount code of 10% off for the first 10 sets sold. The code is E9COUPEDP and is input into the shopping cart and appears on the final confirmation page.

Some info on who we are and how we operate here: http://namelessperformance.com/about/

We are a full service fabrication shop - we can pretty much make anything automotive and are looking for other ideas on what to produce for the e9 Coupe. We are working on chassis bracing, subframe ties, full exhaust, TIG welded aluminum custom radiator and fan combinations, silicone radiator and coolant hoses as well as DOT approved braided brake lines. Soon enough we will be offering twin scroll turbo kits for the 3.0CS featuring equal length manifolds and various intercooling options.

Look forward to discussing some other designs with you all soon. And I'm also looking forward to finishing my 3.0CS. It's got a nice built M30b30 w/ T3/T04b Hybrid Turbo and aftermarket engine management. It took a back seat lately to my e28 Turbo, which has been a lot of fun as well.

Thanks! :-D

Jason Griffith
Engineering Director
Nameless Performance, Inc.

nameless

Reaction score
Any thoughts on these?

We're curious to get some feedback on our design of these pipes? Is anyone here interested in a set and if not, we are curious what changes you would all advocate.

We are going to be adding an O2 sensor port to these as standard.

What other parts are people interested in having manufactured? We have braided brake lines on the way that are DOT certified.

Jason

nameless

Reaction score
Here are some of the photos of our prototype set. The only difference between these and our production run is that each pipe only has the flange welded on and the rest of the welds are absent (one continuous bend). These pipes attach between the manifolds and exhaust system.

Downloads.jpg

Jason Griffith

Buffarea

Reaction score
Hi , I'll give you feedback! I'll start with this: Those babys are gorgeous!
I need a set and would be a willing ginea pig, and would document the entire fitment process, including multiple photos. I would be glad to shout from the mountaintops the refined design, performance gains (seat of pants) and ease of installation. Every BMW site and a few others would hear me extole the virtues and know the name and quality of these fine pipes.
All this I offer in exchange for a set.
Hey I'm broke and needy, but the offer stands!

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Um, price isn't posted, or I am I simply not not seeing it here...you know, "the aggressive pricing"??

tmason

Reaction score
Price 329.00+shipping but it seems like you could bend stainless tubing at a muffler shop for cheaper or maybe not? Nameless offer braided lines as well.

nameless

Reaction score
Heh. Aggressive pricing. Good point. Well I'm willing to make an aggressive pricing move on these. I've killed the coupon code and they're available now for $239/set plus shipping. Here: Nameless Performance Stainless E9 Downpipes

When we had originally set the pricing, we did so under the assumption that we may need to fabricate sets if we weren't able to get accurately bent pipes. We have since confirmed that the pipes are dead accurate every time and we are dropping the price accordingly.

That being said, you would have a very hard time finding a muffler shop who can mandrel bend stainless steel pipes to this accuracy on the first shot without some method of digitizing or measuring the factory pipes. Additionally, if they did have the appropriate factory flange in stock, it would be mild steel, and they would almost certainly be mig welded.

These are mandrel bent, each out of a single section. There is one weld per pipe and we can do an O2 sensor fitting in them for lambda l-jet or motronic for $15/sensor bung.

And I will have a radiator and shroud available in a week or two - here are some photos of the radiator work we have been doing - the e9 radiator parts are in one of those photos - sitting under the parts for an Alfa Spider Veloce core/tanks:

Collateral3.jpg

One of our recent blog posts discussed Radiator Development as well.

Jason