Stainless Wiper Blades for E9

Vintage56

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
Just wanted to communicate that I found a set of beautiful SS wiper blades on Amazon that work great on my E9.

COST: $24 each, including shipping.

These will require a different mounting clip than the one that comes with the new blade. If you have these clips already on the old blades on the car, you can un-clip them from the old blades and transfer them to the new SS wipers, they will snap into place with a bit of determination. I was able to message/slide them into place and lock them on the wiper arm. My E9 has the u-shaped wiper arm blade ends on both the driver & passenger sides.

Here's how they look below in the photos. If you find that you need new mounting clips, (which I did not) you might find them too on Amazon. They require the rounded end clips so that the hook at the end of the arm can slide over them.

COST: $6.00

I am very pleased with the look and have now eliminated the black wiper blades from my 1971 E9....

Good luck!

//PS: I have no connection whatsoever with the sellers of the wiper blades or the clips.

Attachments

• SS Wipers 3.jpg
    SS Wipers 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 62
  • SS Wipers 1.jpg
    SS Wipers 1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 58
  • SS Wipers 3.jpg
    SS Wipers 3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 59

Vintage56

Reaction score
Cool, 18” size isn’t a fitment issue?
No. I adjusted the wiper arm controls at the wiper motor so that they are slightly raised from the very bottom of the windshield and then reattached it to the motor by locking the spline in a very slightly different position. 18" fit on both sides without overlap. Actually, the blades themselves are about 17.5" each....The blades, at full extension, do not overlap the top of the windshield....The arms are about 16.5" in length on either side.

Attachments

• SS Wipers 4.jpg
    SS Wipers 4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 56
  • SS Wipers 5.jpg
    SS Wipers 5.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 51
  • SS Wipers 6.jpg
    SS Wipers 6.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 47
  • SS Wipers 7.jpg
    SS Wipers 7.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

otter74

Reaction score
Too bad these won't work on my E12 with its goofy mounting system. The black blades bug me, too!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
seem to be a bit filmsy ?
also the openings in the top part look odd
a solution of course to the lack of original bosch ones

but i prefer most my bosch or also other german period correct