Steering wheel to horn contact

Tyler

Reaction score
I currently use the Motorsport style wheel, but am changing back to the original Petri sport 380mm. The Petri is missing the components for the horn connection; I think it needs some sort of ring that attaches to the mounting hub, but I can't find a picture to determine which parts I need. Unfortunately, the pics in the W&N catalogue and realoem.com are not helpful.

Can someone please provide a clear picture of what it is supposed to look like, or a description of the parts needed?

Thanks,

corsachili

Reaction score
I don't have a picture but the way the wheel makes contact on my car is a brass ring that is riveted to the hub. There is then a post that is part of the steering column which is spring loaded so that it keeps contact with the brass ring. I'll see if I have any pictures of this part, but I don't think I do.

Tyler

Reaction score
That makes sense. I have the spring-loaded post on the steering column, but the ring on the steering wheel hub is missing. I imagine this brass ring has an attachment for the horn button wire.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Tyler - to add to Corsachili's description,

The spring loaded contact is readily available ($7.95).
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...72&cid=13@Body, Trim & Lighting&gid=1060@Horn

The original is riveted but I think you could easily use a screw and nut (loctite might be a good idea).

Photo:
722a9089e348fd00575c852418965f7c.jpg

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Tyler, hope these pics will answer your questions of the horn contact assemblies.
64513fb39ce9ce0e43b719a63406e8de.jpg

97ade7716c7b95e1d7cb5e4b0edc624b.jpg

Bert
72 3.5 CSi
88 M6

pmansson

Reaction score
Autohaus Arizona, never heard of them.... but then I live in Europe.
What other valueable, difficult pieces have you guys in the US bought from them?
Just to make the shipping worthwhile, rather than just for one small part.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
pmansson said:
Autohaus Arizona, never heard of them.... but then I live in Europe.
What other valueable, difficult pieces have you guys in the US bought from them?
Just to make the shipping worthwhile, rather than just for one small part.

This is a BMW part. All E3s and E9s use them.