Stereo Options

nstocking

Reaction score
I have a 72 cs in restoration and need to do some due diligence on the stereo. Anyone have good leads? The restoration is mostly purist, so a period looking stereo would be great, with an mp3/ipod jack or controller being my one modern reqmnt. I don't need a cd player or tape deck- just a radio and the ipod jack. However good sound is necessary as I'm a music lover, but w/out gaudy speaker locations. Is there an option to fit all these needs? Any ideas on setup and suppliers out there?

ps, just started on the resto and am new to the forum. Will post pics of the car in a bit, looking forward to being a member of the community. thx in advance!

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Good sound is difficult because the doors are thin, so there are not many places for good sound up front. In the back, common places are in the lower brace under the rear seat and the parcel shelf. I've got a set of speakers in the parcel shelf with an ED 4-channel amp suspended from the shelf in the trunk, connected to a Pioneer AVIC-Z1 in the center console.