Sticky Throttle Linkage

T-Raz

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm finally home after being gone for a couple years and got into a couple of my cars this week. I got my 74 Cs running a couple days ago with no problem other than the throttle linkage is really bound up. I have to really force it with both hands. I have the dual Weber setup. Before I tear everything apart, is there any typical problem I should look at first? It's my sense that it's sticking at the firewall. Also, what is the proper way to take apart those little ball and socket joints in the linkage?

Thanks

Honolulu

Reaction score
Linkage

AFAIK, you have to pry the little ball joints apart with whatever you have on hand. They are available, maybe not from BMW, but from one of the carb aftermarket shops, maybe Redline, or Pierce Manifolds.

I too would look at the firewall joint, where the linkage comes out from inside the body. See that the arm coming out through the body, isn't binding aginst the underbody somewhere (as it woudl if it were bent).

I think if you separate the linkage at one point, you'll be able to check it joint by joint after that.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sticky linkage..

Not that this is your problem, but I redesigned the linkage on my last CS because it was so hard to operate. Lots of linkage and not all of it made sense as far as leverage and travel. I don't think it was stock, but my changes worked out fairly well.

Dan

T-Raz

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know what you did. I'll work on mine and if I can't get it going to my satisfaction, I'll get back with you.

Thanks