Stock flywheel weight?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Hello, everybody.

Anybody know how much the stock 3.0CS flywheel weighs? I'd like to get a lightweight flywheel, but if the difference is less than 5lbs, I might as well save my money.

Also, anybody know were to get some springs and sways? I have some NOS CS springs on there now, and the car sways like a lush compared to what I am used to. If possible, I'd like to have comprable handling to the 540 in my sig. I already have the Bil shocks.

Second the springs recomendation

I also have carl's springs and combined with a camber kit, Bilsteins, and 16" alpinas my car handles sweet. Probably the best mod so far......

bars

Ireland engineering has a sway bar kit also. Both (Carl Nelson and Ireland Eng) also have the strut bars which actually make a bit of a difference.

Re: Flywheel weight

Mine weighs +/-16 lbs (crappy bathroom scale).

The link below is to some info on lightening a flywheel as to how much is appropriate and what the effects are. Not a plug but seems like good info.

http://www.racetep.com/flywheel.html

Thanks for the link. The unit I am looking at weighs 9lbs and is a JB racing aluminum flywheel. I had an aluminum (UUC, 13lbs) flywheel on an E39 540 and it was great.

Back