stock turbine wheels finishing question

wasatch

Reaction score
I'm re-finishing my turbine wheels. I'm painting the lug/center area from gray/silver to black. The question: gloss or matte for the black? Has anyone done their's and privy to one finish over the other? or photos to share?

thanks!

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I chose the silver and black matte, mostly because I have coupe envy of deQuincey's!

ha,ha

here is a close pic of mines, hope it helps

P2205772_zps0236a434.jpg

wasatch

Reaction score
Thanks deQ...some drool on the keyboard:) My wheels should wind up exactly like yours. I'll post some pics when done. I think it is, but your's is Atlantik 041, no? That's my next step in this long crazy road trip i'm on; going from black to blue (she was originally nachtblu, previous owner black, but I'm on the Murray aesthetics program...

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks deQ...some drool on the keyboard:) My wheels should wind up exactly like yours. I'll post some pics when done. I think it is, but your's is Atlantik 041, no? That's my next step in this long crazy road trip i'm on; going from black to blue (she was originally nachtblu, previous owner black, but I'm on the Murray aesthetics program...

hi, i am afraid i can not promise mine is atlantik
i seriously doubt it to be even a bmw colour, sorry