Strut Bar

e30strube

Reaction score
Is there a strut bar made for the Bavaria? Are the shock towers of a E9 the same and would one of them fit?

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Moosehead engineering used to make one for the back. In all honesty, I went through all this a while back and the consensus was that they add little other than looks and it would be better to increase the sway bar size in front and back and ohh, the rear sway bar was an option for a bit, trust you looked and have one. Ireland engineering may help with the sway bars.

Dowst

Reaction score
I have driven so many cars with and without strut bars, and honestly, have not found much of a perceptible difference on the braced cars on the road.

Agree with the sway bar comment. There was a time when you could source a sway bar that was like 30mm (sounds right, it was HUGE) for the Bav and apparently that was the ticket for high performance applications. I am running Bilstein Sports with larger, modern tires, and honestly think I would need to add another 100HP before I needed serious bracing or suspension upgrades for handling to become the bottleneck.