Suggestion for WTB

chope97

Reaction score
A member posted the need for a part on the "For Sale" section with a heading of WTB. I just happened to see it a few weeks ago. I contacted him and he said he had been looking for the part a long time. So long that he had it fixed instead of replacing it. Here is the problem. I had the part he needed, and I live in the next state over from where he lives. I never saw his ad because when I go out on the forum, I look for new discussions I have not seen or to look at new answers to ones I have seen. I do not go to the "for sale" section to see who might need a part that I have. Maybe if people list what they are looking for in the "Discussion" section and the "For Sale" section more people might see it. Just a suggestion.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i hear you ... but the Parts section states 'parts for sale or wanted'. it keeps people posting what they need or want in one place. not every e9 person reads the e3 section and vice versa. i tend to read / scan all of the above. i really think its best all in one place ... that's just my opinion.

what it does say that should perhaps be corrected is 'coupe parts' and the cars section says 'coupes for sale'. @dang, perhaps we should edit that.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand how you are viewing the forum, but I set my link to the forum on "what's new". That way I see any post that is new and any post that I have interacted on. A new for sale/wanted post would pop up there when I login. There are many E3 parts that cross to an E9 and vica versa. Also there are members here that own both E3s and E9s. Double posting E3 parts in the parts section and the E3 discussion section, and posting E9 parts in the parts section and E9 discussion section sounds like a lot of work ;)

I agree with Scott that that sub title for Parts in the Classified section should be changed to E3 and E9 parts for sale and wanted, and under Cars should be changed to E3s and E9s for sale or wanted (or just Cars for Sale or wanted)

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I too would not recommend double posting. I often tell people who post about either buying or selling parts in the discussion area that they have posted in the wrong place. And the double posting approach risks having responses scattered across two threads.

My default search here is What's New, but if I happen to be on the hunt for parts I search both What's New and then separately search the Parts for Sale or Wanted subforum.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
completely agree with NOT double posting.
many thanks to @dang for updating the Cars + Parts forums to be more inclusive in title / subtitle