Sunroof repair

Cabrio330

Reaction score
I am considering a 3.0cs that the seller says needs a "minor sunroof realignment." I haven't been to see the car yet but thought I would ask here if people have any advice on how difficult/expensive this work might be. I know about the sunroof drainage issues and will look for that when I see the car.

Thanks in advance for any help for a hopefully future E9 owner!

jmackro

Reaction score
I am considering a 3.0cs that the seller says needs a "minor sunroof realignment." I haven't been to see the car yet but thought I would ask here if people have any advice on how difficult/expensive this work might be.

Obviously without seeing the car, it is impossible to give an answer with any certainty. But my general opinion is that it shouldn't be a big deal. e9 sunroofs were made by Golde who also supplied Volvo, and a number of other European car companies. So, parts and expertise are readily available.

Of course, if a tree fell on your car's roof, and the metal is tweaked, the description "minor realignment" may be a stretch.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Sunroof items

I many sunroof coupe owners allowed the seals to deteriorate--it compromises the integrity that is very important with s/r equipped Coupes. There is/was a section of foam installed at the factory that will absorb moisture especially when aided by a failed or compromised seal--rust would begin on the underside of the roof and bubbles would then appear--expensive to fix correctly.

Be on the lookout for any bubbling on the after part of the roof of your subject coupe!

Stefan

Reaction score
.... seller says needs a "minor sunroof realignment." QUOTE]

If it's just the alignment, that's no big deal.

Well, at least one hour of work to get the alignment in exact position (mm) when closed :)
Procedure described in the blue book and some other E9 repair manuals.