Sunvisors Clips

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris
I bought some from Carl Nelson a couple years ago and I believe I have 2 if you need them.
Dan

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
Yes, Stevehose is correct I have played with my hobbyist 3d printer and have printed a few. Getting the dimensions close was and is difficult and took some time.

We used TPU filament which is pliable that's the plus, but it is difficult to print because it is stringy and the resulting pieces at least in my case are not of any commercial quality.

Anyhow I am going to use 2 of them for our car which is still months away of getting assembled.

I have included a photo of one of the clips installed in my sunroof front headliner section. Actually once installed they don't look too bad and you really cant see them.
1676034620314.png

As with many once my sun visors get installed, I really don't plan on ever pulling the end out of the clip.

Perhaps down the road I will try to print a better product and sell them for a few bucks. But right now I don't feel the quality is there to sell.

As you can see from the photo, I have a few and would be wiling to send out a couple of pairs to members for just shipping and in return would welcome feedback as to the fit, etc. If positive then we might consider putting them for sale. At the top of the photo are a couple of original pieces. Note the screw hole in many needs reamed bigger.

1676034577390.png

I have not seen the ones Carl Nelson sells in person, but there are photos and they look good.

Thanks

jjs2800cs

Also by the way, we have been playing with the left and right sun visor attachment pieces. We have not yes fitted any to our car as its still all apart. These were very complex to model due to the multiple angles. We have printed a few using PETG filament but they don' come out as good as using PLA filament. But the problem with PLA is that it starts to soften around 140 degrees F. Not sure if these clips every could get to 140, but could get close. Again not OEM concours quality but they don't look too bad

Anyhow once we verify the angles are correct we might offer these.

1676034697251.png

I

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@jjs2800cs,

Pick up a can of acetone and give this a shot. You don’t need to use heat btw. You can just seal it in a bin above a pool of acetone. Check out a few other alternate videos.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, Stevehose is correct I have played with my hobbyist 3d printer and have printed a few. Getting the dimensions close was and is difficult and took some time.

We used TPU filament which is pliable that's the plus, but it is difficult to print because it is stringy and the resulting pieces at least in my case are not of any commercial quality.

Anyhow I am going to use 2 of them for our car which is still months away of getting assembled.

I have included a photo of one of the clips installed in my sunroof front headliner section. Actually once installed they don't look too bad and you really cant see them.
View attachment 156775

As with many once my sun visors get installed, I really don't plan on ever pulling the end out of the clip.

Perhaps down the road I will try to print a better product and sell them for a few bucks. But right now I don't feel the quality is there to sell.

As you can see from the photo, I have a few and would be wiling to send out a couple of pairs to members for just shipping and in return would welcome feedback as to the fit, etc. If positive then we might consider putting them for sale. At the top of the photo are a couple of original pieces. Note the screw hole in many needs reamed bigger.

View attachment 156774

I have not seen the ones Carl Nelson sells in person, but there are photos and they look good.

Thanks

jjs2800cs

Also by the way, we have been playing with the left and right sun visor attachment pieces. We have not yes fitted any to our car as its still all apart. These were very complex to model due to the multiple angles. We have printed a few using PETG filament but they don' come out as good as using PLA filament. But the problem with PLA is that it starts to soften around 140 degrees F. Not sure if these clips every could get to 140, but could get close. Again not OEM concours quality but they don't look too bad

Anyhow once we verify the angles are correct we might offer these.

View attachment 156776

I
Would love to try out a set or 2 of the clips if at all possible jj. Shoot me a pm if so