"Superman" E9 on BAT again

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
$135k sold last time.

I'm not seeing how it can go past that again given that perhaps, E9 purists w/$$$ know now that a lot is not correct (Spare tire well, floor pans).

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wonder if the PO who did the resto left the spacers on the front struts:

1972_bmw_3-0cs_1631740175e3b6eb016d837920210711_automotive_bmw_csl_studio_0171-scaled.jpg

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I haven't developed the gimlet eye that many of you have, so it looks okay to me. That spare tire well did stand out though! But $135k previously so presumably reserve is set somewhere a bit north of that? Nah.

The thing that really got me about this listing though was the videos. LAME.

BAT should impose a $5000 fee for any listing that includes drone footage of a car just sitting in a parking lot. $2500 for drone footage of a car moving in a parking lot. $1250 for drone footage of a car driving down a beautiful road. Oh yeah, and $10,000 for drone footage of the garage a car is sitting in.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is a nice car, red a bit over the top and spare wheel well is a real surprise.
I did notice some strange small items, but it does look well finished, fits well and is super clean.
Currently at $91k

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
RNM at $110,000. Personally, I am not surprised. To my eye, the color combo is unpleasant (send hate mail to...). That combined with condition - it is an odd balance of a perfect restoration and an incorrect restoration with already rusting bits.

EDIT: Maybe it is the color enhanced photos that are so off putting to my eyes. Specifically the interior.

Last edited: