Taiga CSi

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
was thinking the same thing... I've never seen mirrors like that- a blend of traps and bullet style? They're kind of cool but a bit dated for a couple of this era

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As Chris and Richard have noticed this car is missing its tarpaper, stickers are miss-placed, ziebarted for a reason. Until pics are provided IN FOCUS of the strut tops don't get on a plane....

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Any potential buyers, listen to our expert, he knows these coupes better than most of us. If he is concerned, I would be very concerned.

tightbox

Reaction score
To be clear (since I've received a couple of PM's), I'm not the seller...just passing along the ad.

I absolutely love this color though, second favorite behind Fjord. I may just have to repaint my tired Baikal CS car in this hue.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
To be clear (since I've received a couple of PM's), I'm not the seller...just passing along the ad.

I absolutely love this color though, second favorite behind Fjord. I may just have to repaint my tired Baikal CS car in this hue.

I floated this color past my wife as a potential when I respray. She thinks it looks boy racer and isn't into it at all. Strangely, she likes Inka and Turkish.

This car is swaying my opinion a bit, but I really think that Taiga and Inka look better with the CSL stripe.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you didn't grow up in the 60s/70s it's hard to appreciate some of these colors like Taiga, Turkis, Inka or Golf. I love 'em!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you didn't grow up in the 60s/70s it's hard to appreciate some of these colors like Taiga, Turkis, Inka or Golf. I love 'em!

I thought substances used in those decades would be out of our brains by now :).

wsk

Reaction score
Speaking of Taiga, here is a sneak preview of our Bat... should be back in Ron P's shop any day now.

Attachments

• DSCN2690.jpg
    DSCN2690.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 171

02m2

Reaction score
Who could do a PPI on this?

Any names who may be able to do a comprehensive PPI on this car?
Thanks
Marc

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You should request hi def in focus pics of the area around the strut towers first.
Predicating a $50,000 purchase on out of focus pics is extremely foolish.
PM me if you need to.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I phone movies too

You should request hi def in focus pics of the area around the strut towers first.
Predicating a $50,000 purchase on out of focus pics is extremely foolish.
PM me if you need to.

A person with smallish hands can take their i phone and take a video of the underside the fender seam. You just place the phone up into the cavity above and inboard of the front wheel. You can't visualize it directly as you film, but you can play the movie back and see what is there. Sellers can also do it! And allay any fears. Or confirm them!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm getting a lot of PPI requests on this car.
Please study the IN focus picture showing detail of the upper strut area before getting too excited about this car. I believe a buyer could be looking at a $10,000 (or more) bill to repair the rust and repaint. This car has already been treated for serious rust once before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 198

m73

Reaction score
This is a nice clean car with normal problems. It has nice exterior paint, but the details are definetly not there. It's no big deal. Just more like a sub 30's car to most diehard enthusiasts.

But the problem is we won't sell our good cars, and to someone new, if this is all that can be found, then the asking price is the price it is.

In the end, I hope we can all agree you should enjoy what you are paying for. Be it .99 or 99,000.

My .02 cents

MF

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it's a beautiful car.
But the seller claims it is "mint" and it isn't.
The car was ziebarted years ago because of all the rust.
And I get my knickers bunched up big time when sellers present out of focus pics of
exactly where the rust is coming out.
I hope John gets his price.