TBL at Laguna Seca

Philip Slate

Reaction score
I have upped a video of TBL at Laguna Seca which highlights a lovely little spin at the top of the Cork Screw. What is not apparent in the video is that the car in front of us almost comes to a stop at the entrance to the turn which left the options of: a) driving up the car’s tail pipe; b) flailing ass over elbows in an effort not to prove that basic theory of physics which states that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time…at least not in this dimension. I chose option ‘b’. In viewing the footage it is also interesting to notice the difference in driving styles between myself and the driver I am trying to over take. I am very protective of TBL and will concede a turn rather than risk even a hint of contact. The driver in front of us figured this out and took full advantage of it…obviously a very good and perceptive driver.
Go to www.tblracing.com click on e9coupe and DL ‘laguna seca 1a_0001’.

It was apparent that he almost came to a stop, his tires smoke about a half second before your camera started giving the 360 degree panorama.

3 or four times the white P gives no room to exit the turn. As you said you are very protective.

Thanks for sharing, great stuff.

Laguna

I love your line in turn 2. A lot of guys use the "classic" race line, which is to go deep in the first half and accelerate through the remaining part of the turn. Great if you have a REALLY fast car, but a lot of time can be made up by keeping it tight in the corner. Well done!

For some reason my download didn't get the last portion of the video, so I missed the spin. I enjoyed the video though.

Dan

Back