TBL v.s. Mustang

Philip Slate

Reaction score
Super nice car in the making, threewebers. Very clean mods. Interesting idea for the radiator. I'm not an engineer so I don't know if it matters that the air flow around the engine will be significantly reduced by blocking the air passing through the radiator and, hence, through the engine compartment. I like the fact that you are making a list and checking it twice (oh wait, that's some other guy), and doing all the mock up and fab work in an unhurried manner. It really shows. Do you have a (hoped for) complete by date? All us coupe racers are looking forward to having another comrade in arms (or as the Porsche guys put it, another berm).

threewebers

Reaction score
I'd like to see/talk to the guy with the list ,i'm always looking for new ideas!On finishing the coupe well I can say I do something to it every day off work ,sometimes forward and others a couple of steps back!But you know the drill!Exhaust layout today with some progress I'm running a tunnel down the passenger side because the tubing was less than 3'' from the ground and i would like to try and make it quiet enough for laguna!What size exhaust tubing are you running??Radiator :it's a double pass ron davis that's capable of cooling a bb chevy the person that made the radiator for robby gordons dakar truck helped me lay it out ...but if it gets hot ,i'll try somthing else.Thanks again for the willow post hope to see more!

DJSimca

Reaction score
Philip Slate said:
Thought it was about time to get into the 21st century and throw something up on youtube (as opposed to just throwing up while watching youtube). This was a race last December. I was just driving around, minding my own business, in kind of a daze, when I am suddenly awoken by....well, you'll see.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLN22h3HPE

This is a FANTASTIC clip ... :D :D
It looks like something out of Bullit or some other classic car movie. It's not often that the speed and sound is conveyed in such a vivid way ...
How fast are you going on the straight?

Excellent clip!

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
very cool footage... Makes since that the CSL is able to track better on the inside line. The Boss might have a bigger motor and more power but the CSL is a better package - more well rounded.

W8MM

Reaction score
The Mustang takes a pretty wide/weird line through most of the corners. I'd say the E9's secret weapon is the driver.