Template for Fender sound deadening insulation

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is there a template available for the sound insulation on the the top of fenders? (73 3.0cs)

Just buy from Chris..
great quality and fair price. While you are on his site, take a look at all his other great items that he produces that are NLA from BMW!

you really don’t want to go down that rabbit hole of making these. They are soft when warm and brittle when cool.

Last edited:
if you want to make your own, i put some pdfs of the pieces in the FAQ - check post 3 in this thread

but if you were smart, you would follow @sfdon 's recommendation and buy from CS Werk

Didn't Karman paint on top of the panels from factory? Then next question, has anyone tried painting the cswerk version?

In my "winter" project that is ongoing...I did purchase from CS-Werk and did prime and paint their product.

IMG_0456.JPG

has anyone tried painting the cswerk version?
Yes. I painted both pre and post install. When I installed them painted, the paint cracked so I wire brushed the paint off and painted in situ. I suggest sealing/priming/painting the bare metal, install the pieces, and paint again. Then clear the entirety to seal. The primer/paint doesn’t adhere well to the rubber so any manipulation will cause cracks/flakes. Clear coat is essential.

Perfect timing for this. Just purchased this and I am meeting with the painter this week to instruct him to seal, prime, paint and clear coat per Don's recommendation.

Perfect timing for this. Just purchased this and I am meeting with the painter this week to instruct him to seal, prime, paint and clear coat per Don's recommendation.
If you lay some color under first you won’t run the possibility of paint not getting into the crevices between the edges of the rubber and the fenders and showing from underneath, with also no worries about over-applying to get into those crevices.

Their intent was to reduce the sounds that splashing water and grit/dirt from the wheels make when it hits the inside.

Nowadays, that same function is reached by having liners closer to the wheel, made from flexible plastic, sometimes with some pressed fibre mats pressed/attached to the wheel side.

Personally I'm torn: going for originality I feel I have to place them. Being an engineer I know they are a hopeless attempt of reaching a goal that Lokari inner fender liners simply are 10 times better at.

Back