Testing the Q-jet sound...

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how it compares to dual webers?
Let me know if you ever want to try Hwy 2-- two Chamonix Bavarias hauling a** would be a site to see.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how it compares to dual webers?
Let me know if you ever want to try Hwy 2-- two Chamonix Bavarias hauling a** would be a site to see.
From a performance standpoint it feels about the same. It makes more noise.
From a practicality standpoint it's much better for me. No finicky linkage adjustments, no synchronizing, really effective primaries with dual boosters. Metering rods on all 4 barrels. The secondary butterflies are mechanically operated and the air valve is very adjustable. There is a secondary accelerator circuit as well as the primary accelerator pump. It runs very well on 3# of fuel pressure. To top it all off it cost me about $20 at a swap meet and was hanging on my garage wall for 20 years.

I have been over Hwy 2 a couple of times, great road.

Last edited:

Mike Goble

Reaction score
You never realize how much stuff is rolling around in your car until you hear it in a video. I have coins and batteries on my dash, coffee mugs and water bottles in the rear seat, etc.

CSBM5

Reaction score
Sounds great. Are you using an enclosed air filter housing (ala something that came on the 630 CS with that carb/manifold design originally), or is it an open air filter? I'm thinking it sounds like that latter.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
Sounds great. Are you using an enclosed air filter housing (ala something that came on the 630 CS with that carb/manifold design originally), or is it an open air filter? I'm thinking it sounds like that latter.
It's the air cleaner from a Chevy truck cut back to open the element with a roundel painted on top.

IMG_1241.jpg