That colour question again....

Malc

Reaction score
Just back from working in Holland and her indoors has two pieces of news

1... The old 2002tii is in Total BMW mag
2... She really likes the dark metallic grey colour that some 2002's came in for the bucket. Reasons being the "chrome" highlights and the blue interior will look ok
Questions:
Was the dark metalic grey an "official" 3.0 colour? Not that that really matters as it was a BMW colour
What's it's name?
Any comments?

Ah I think I'll go and hide in the shed and pretend to carry on welding! :roll:
Malc

According to the US CS Registry color page, Anthracite Grey Metallic (anthrazit-grau-met, code 055) was offered on 3.0CS and CSis. I've seen one coupe in that color and it's very pretty as it looks aubergine/purple in oblique light (photos below). The Malaga coupe is Bill Riblett's. I can't remember the name of the fellow who owned the Anthracite car. [edit: these photos looked sort of washed out, so the color is a bit darker than this]

anthracite3.jpg

anthracite4.jpg

Colour choice

Hi Malc,

I have emailed you another pic showing a CSi that was in Scotland 12/13 years ago. The car belonged to a guy called Nick Brown, who was from the Stirling area. We met by chance at a VW event at the now closed Doune Motor Museum.

Nick's car was cool, dark grey metallic ( i dont know the exact shade or paint code ) and it had red leather interior. Kind of went well - it was a nice combination. It was also like a negative version of mine - metallic red exterior and grey leather trim.

I think he went to London with work, then maybe even abroad. Dont know what happened to the car. I think I could find my way to his address - even after all this time.

I eventually got my original CSL 3 spoke steering wheel.

Back