The CSA donor has arrived for the CSL project...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking good! If it wasn't saving a CSL I would say that that car is a keeper. The inner fenders look decent anyway, which is a start. Anyway, there is a lot good stuff on that one, stuff that would nickel and dime you to death. Most importantly, you or your shop will have a reference car to work with. I personally think that this is an important factor when buying what I like to call a "bag and tag project".

Love the lichen! My car had moss.

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking good! If it wasn't saving a CSL I would say that that car is a keeper. The inner fenders look decent anyway, which is a start. Anyway, there is a lot good stuff on that one, stuff that would nickel and dime you to death. Most importantly, you or your shop will have a reference car to work with. I personally think that this is an important factor when buying what I like to call a "bag and tag project".

Love the lichen! My car had moss.
hi. Yes, that is what I have been wandering round it thinking almost exactly - "dont have one of those", "that one looks better than the one I have", "oh, thats where that goes", "didnt even know I needed one of those", etc, etc, etc. The CSA shell is bad - but you are right, for some odd reason the inner wings are remarkably solid - plenty of other major parts are totally gone though so i dont feel at all bad about parting it out.

Parts of my project car are more "bag, tag, water got in bag, tag fell off, contents went rusty" than "bag and tag" but the important bits are getting sorted slowly. Going to have a meeting with the restorer at some point to go over it all and make a decision what to do..

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s maddening. I spent 20 minutes this morning holding ziplock backs up to the light looking for door lock pulls. Surprisingly I only have three bins full of spare parts. I documented the tear down and still found myself wondering what some of the door parts were.

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s maddening. I spent 20 minutes this morning holding ziplock backs up to the light looking for door lock pulls. Surprisingly I only have three bins full of spare parts. I documented the tear down and still found myself wondering what some of the door parts were.
Yeah - I decided pretty quickly that rather than strip it all myself and try to document it, I will take off a few odd parts that I know I dont need to sell and leave the rest intact as a reference for the restorer. I do seem to have ended up with 2 sets of rear lights that look in good nick and a couple of random new euro style rear light lens with the orange in place of the reversing light - so they will be chucked on ebay at some point to raise funds for my ENORMOUS new parts bill! Might be hitting you up for a few odds and sods in case you have them for sale too.. cheers. alan

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi Alan, I’m after the two long chrome strips on the door cards and a working headlight flasher column, if you have spares, thought I’d get in early on the off chance.

Cheers. John

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Alan, I’m after the two long chrome strips on the door cards and a working headlight flasher column, if you have spares, thought I’d get in early on the off chance.

Cheers. John
hi. I am not parting it out just yet I am afraid - I have a long way to go before I get to the stage where i know what i dont need! Also - I am in new zealand which is about as far away from anywhere as it is possible to get! Postage is a massive killer for us - both getting things and sending things. Cheers! Alan