The eagle has landed (Door panel is off)...

ECA90049

Reaction score
Was an adventure but now I know how to get the panel off. So the first thing I try is watching the motor while I try the window switch. What I see is this cap that I'm pointing to try and turn when I use the window switch. But it can only slightly move. But it does move. What would be my first thing to check / to do, to get the window working again? Thanks...E

Attachments

• door open E9.jpg
    door open E9.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 122
  • E9 tries to turn.jpg
    E9 tries to turn.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 114
You could write books on this topic. As a starter I'd try and pull out all of the moving parts and remove the 50 y.o grease as that's usually part of the problem. In particular the track and runners as they sometimes cant overcome the friction.
If that's too daunting you can try applying degreaser in situ and picking it out but not ideal.

wow, @ECA90049 E. amazing, stop the engines, that is something serious, the eagle has landed !!! the eagle ?
:)

5 threads for one topic, it might be good to put everything together in one thread, IMHO
some order may help

for the questions that you made, a search in the forum may offer you some relieve, there are other threads, i only know this one well, i know the guy that did it

hope it helps

front:

rear:

I would be cautious in removing the guides etc. Even if you mark all locations before removal, to get the window fitting nicely again is a timely (frustrating) task.....unless alignment is already horrible in which case go for it.

The first thing is to try to move the window up and down with your thumb by rotating that serrated cap.
There is a tool for that if your thumb starts hurting. This will tell you if the gearbox works and whether the window can move.
Once that is done you should disconnect motor from gearbox and try the electricals without a mechanical load.

Back