The end of Crystal Cove Saturday's!

Dave L

Reaction score
I read in the paper that the last weekend of the famed Crystal Cove Saturday meet will be the 10/14 weekend. Seems that little get-together has become too noisy for the residents of the nearby Mc-mansions. Has anyone heard talk of a replacement location? Should we expect a major turnout in the final weekends? I am sorry to see it end.

Dave L

Update on Saturday

I will be at crystal cove in the morning. Whatever I can pick up I will pass on to the board.

Glenn, thanks for the Ferrari chat posting. Re: the spectrum, I work two blocks from this location and it is very central. Albeit a little sterile, but could be a fine alternative. Hope to see you in the morning.
Best,
paul

Unfortunately (or fortunately based on one's perspective) I'm coaching my daughter's soccer team again this time of year. Games are early in the morning on Saturdays, so no CC for me right now. I'm disappointed in not being able to make the last two weekends. If it's anything like the "last" Monday Night Football at the end of last season, however, it will be back but just in a different location/channel.

I agree the Ford complex would be great and they could actually start a little later in the a.m.- no more waking up at 5:00 to get to CC by 6:30!

See you soon.

Glenn

Update on possible locations for Crystal Cove

This is what I picked up this morning. Put all of this in the rumor category. That said, there appear to be four alternatives to the current Crystal Cove location.

1-Barry Meguiar (of the wax fame / CC regular) had a meeting with Irvine co. (Bren's staffer) about moving it to Newport Center. This was turned down. Barry knows a local congressman who attends CC and has called another meeting this week with the Irvine Co. and the congressman to see if this decision can't be turned around. Irvine Co. does not want to manage this type of event, at all, at any of thier properties.

2- Some resturaunt called "10" near McAurther at the airport. It is the same location as the Sunday show that has been going on for a log time. This gathering is predominately for push'roders. The organizer for this alternative I spoke to directly and he is pushing it pretty hard.

3- Centerpointe (?) -the shopping center at the intersection of Jamboree and 405 near Ruth's Chris / Starbucks. Still under consideration.

4-Ford's P.A.G. (premier automotive group) at the Irvine Spectrum -this is per Glenn's posting earlier.

With all of the discussion this morning that occured it was clear to me that the event will not expire, it will definately land in a new location. Just a matter of where, the consensus was this decision was going to occur before next Saturday so that flyers could be distributed at the last event.

Tom and I are encouraging a large turnout of all BMW's on Oct. 14th. Tom and I will be wearing black. Hope to see you there.

going this weekend...the last

I have finally transported my CS back out here (for good I hope) and provided I get one little thing fixed, I will be taking her over to CC for the last saturday there.

There are other great locations for this event. I was temporarily staying in a condo near Michelson and Jamboree. the next block over is Carlson and there is a shopping center (with a Sports chalet or sports authority I think) large parking lot with a coffee shop and other eating establishments. this would be a great location, across the street is another open parking lot where they seem to have regular rodder events. Just a thought.

Dave L

Saturday morning Crystal Cove meetings

I found this on http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=782

ATTENTION ALL CRYSTAL COVE ATTENDEES

My father, Larry Kordower, General Manager of the Ten Restaurant Group (www.tenrestaurantgroup.com) has just announced that he be the new host for the Saturday morning Crystal Cove meetings. The Ten Restaurant group is located at 4647 MacArthur Boulevard Newport Beach, CA 92660. This location is perfect because it has a huge parking lot, and is located in an area with no residential restrictions (meaning no hassle from the police or anyone, it is in a business district). The parking lot is located two minutes away from John Wayne Airport, off the corner of MacArthur and Campus drive. Please send this out to as many people as you can. If anyone organizing the event has any questions, please feel free to call my father, Larry Kordower at (949)-290-9466 (cell). This will go into effect starting Saturday, October 21st at 7:00 A.M., and will be a weekly event with no ending time (stay as long as you want). Pass it on!

Back