The Force is Strong with This One

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I loved my e39 540 wagon, and after getting one for my son, I thought the e34 was a great platform. Then there is the S38, which, while lacking the grunt of either the M62 or the S62 (which in lower rev ranges are very similar in the grunt category), is simply outstanding when you wind it up.

I may need this:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Such great cars! I'm a sucker for wagons anyway. I'm so bored with this covid19 deal, that I've thought about moving everything over from my low mileage Dinan S1 M5 over to my daughter's e39 wagon. I've thought about, it's not happening. :)

If you buy that M5 Touring, just don't open the sunroof!

Mmshul

Site Donor
Reaction score
The ultimate Q-Ship is our other car in the garage. Count me in when it comes to Wagons!
5DECF1CE-38D3-4DF5-AF48-9F95154045B3.jpeg

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I loved my e39 540 wagon, and after getting one for my son, I thought the e34 was a great platform. Then there is the S38, which, while lacking the grunt of either the M62 or the S62 (which in lower rev ranges are very similar in the grunt category), is simply outstanding when you wind it up.

I may need this:

If you like the E39 platform, think Alpina. BMW did not make an E39 M5 touring, but Alpina gave it a good go. I used to own B10 V8S #12, a 4.8 litre 375bhp family wagon. This is a tuned M62, so lacks the twin intakes and double vanos of the M5, but shifted well all the same

It also came in 4.6 litres, or a 3.3 litre I6