The Volcano 150! Aug 7th.

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy coupers!

Have co-conspired another fun-run for the NorCal crowd: The Volcano 150! for August 7th. (the weekend prior to the Monterey Hysterics for those checking your calender)

Save the date if your are up for a Sunday summer mountain tour of the rural Chico & scenic Mt Lassen area! Starts in Chico, CA about 8am.

For more info stay tuned here or visit the newly formed North Valley Vintage Touring Club on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Valley-Vintage-Touring-Club/186360808078193?sk=photos

More info to come!
-shanon

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shanon

I was up your way last July and spent three great days camping on the north side of Lassen. Incredibly beautiful and the roads into that area, at least via Chico, were awesome. Sounds like a great drive, just a bit too far from HB for me!

Chris
(try the fishing in Hat Creek sometime, it was awesome too)

shanon

Reaction score
Doh! its actually a 200!

After some route revisions with my co-disorganizers last nite, we decided to have it end at a 'local' brewery in order to replenish some 'precious bodily fluids'. ;-)

volcano200minipostercopy-1.jpg

-shanon

Last edited:

shanon

Reaction score
I may then just have to pass the keys to my new ace navigator, crack mechanic and future chaufer after a couple of those......;-)

ace-mechanic.gif

Last edited:

rb1971

Reaction score
Any idea what the total drive distance will be? I went up to Napa on Sunday without any cooling issues and am thinking about trying to meet up with you guys as well, prior to our run down to Monterey in a couple of weeks.

shanon

Reaction score
Volcano 200 update:

The Volcano 200 loop is actually 213 miles according to Google...start and finish in Chico.
Pre-drove much of it yesterday with a co-organizer in a nice 2002 to check some things out...it will truly be a 'Grand Day Out.'

From some 5th gear country bombers to sweet single lane hill climb and forest run. (Very Euro!) All paved and visually stunning! Summit is at 8500ft! Perfect weather is predicted.

If you cant make it to Chico by 8am, you can rendevous with me in Red Bluff, CA at 9am at the Leg 2 meet-up point.

Let me know.

-shanon

rb1971

Reaction score
I will do my best to make it. There are some work- and wife-related dependencies that may not let me take most of Sunday for a car drive, so I'd say it's 50/50 at this point.

shanon

Reaction score
Pics from the Volcano 200

Howdy Coupers-

Pics from particpants are starting to be posted on the NVVTC page,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North...-Vintage-Touring-Club/186360808078193?sk=wall

A great time had by all, 2 coupes represted......almost 3. ;-)

FYI: What's going on with the old green MG? A clever road side fix of bypassing the dead fuel pump so it could be 'manually' fed. Worked like a charm! Histerical following and watching the pilot pour gas into the line while driving out of the mountains....priceless!

More event pics from my trusty new navigator too come!

enjoy!
-shanon