They shoot horses, don't they

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are there BMWs the marque wished they could euthanize?

I open with three:
One showing what big rims low profile tires can do to your car
One seems like an abandoned car in Brooklyn
One is an ugly color E24 that time has not improved

Maybe rust is a blessing after all

horse1 - 1.jpeg
horse2 - 1.jpeg
horse3 - 1.jpeg

One showing what big rims low profile tires can do to your car

I see it is at the tire shop. Blame BMW for putting 19” Style 197’s on the 328i

One seems like an abandoned car in Brooklyn

It is painted with chalkboard paint for all to enjoy. If it was abandoned you would see a bunch of rain streaks, not preserved chalk.

One is an ugly color E24 that time has not improved

Maybe rust is a blessing after all

It looks like a nice e24 customized with factory wheels, plagued with failing paint. Let’s crap on an enthusiast who can’t afford or justify a $10K-$30K paint job!

BTW - Ugly color is subjective. My least favorite e24 color is red.

It is painted with chalkboard paint for all to enjoy. If it was abandoned you would see a bunch of rain streaks, not preserved chalk.
Nice, now I see your point, it is art, a popular version of the Calder E9. I thought it was abandoned. Also saw a lady driving a 633 in Brooklyn that showed a firm commitment to the character of the car. A manual US version.

Perhaps an abandoned art car.

It appears to have a broken windshield, and a badly damaged RR door.
Plus I'm doubtful it was being driven with the windows painted or chalked like that...

OK, today I report some nice specimens around New York City, showing the staying power of these cars in tough places...

I love the color and character of this E21 in Brooklyn.

The art car is still there, not towed, so it must be art.

Great condition E24, looks like a late one, perhaps 1989?

And a cool Fiat I could not resist.

Attachments

• NYBMW1 - 1.jpeg
    NYBMW1 - 1.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 103
  • NYBMW2 - 1.jpeg
    NYBMW2 - 1.jpeg
    570.3 KB · Views: 99
  • NYBMW3 - 1.jpeg
    NYBMW3 - 1.jpeg
    511.6 KB · Views: 108
  • NYBMW4 - 1.jpeg
    NYBMW4 - 1.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 111
More BMW surprises here in NY, a guy parked his BMW illegally for a week next to our building with a note under the windshield stating the car broke down and he was waiting or the mechanic...pretty audacious excuse. Sure enough it was ticketed. Then the BMW messenger uses a minivan, and parks next to hydrant. This week also brought me a bicycle guy reading his phone and driving with one hand while crossing a red light (I stopped and stayed on his path deliberately), deliveries on bikes against traffic on one way streets, and an out of his mind pedestrian on the bike lane that bumped into me and gave me the finger. Really enjoying the NY summer jungle.

Attachments

• note - 1.jpeg
    note - 1.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 86
  • note - 2.jpeg
    note - 2.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 80
  • PMessenger - 1.jpeg
    PMessenger - 1.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 84
It looks like a nice e24 customized with factory wheels, plagued with failing paint. Let’s crap on an enthusiast who can’t afford or justify a $10K-$30K paint job!

BTW - Ugly color is subjective. My lease favorite e24 color is red.

1 - who is crapping?
2 - I repainted my E24 here in the Bay Area for single digit cost. As a caretaker of a beautiful classic car I would have passed it on to somebody who could if I did not have the means to not let it fall into neglect.
3 - art is subjective. An illegally parked BMW with among other things "Fuck the Police" legends may not reach the level of art. Maybe I can pay for a tow to your block Markos. On me.

Nota bene: None of the above is political, saying because I thought I was the one with a reading comprehension problem.

1 - who is crapping?
2 - I repainted my E24 here in the Bay Area for single digit cost. As a caretaker of a beautiful classic car I would have passed it on to somebody who could if I did not have the means to not let it fall into neglect.
3 - art is subjective. An illegally parked BMW with among other things "Fuck the Police" legends may not reach the level of art. Maybe I can pay for a tow to your block Markos. On me.

Nota bene: None of the above is political, saying because I thought I was the one with a reading comprehension problem.
No - but it is negative.

How about we be nice to others, already too much negativity in the world. Let's be the forum that lifts others, support a fellow car guy/girl, no matter what their taste or financial inability/ability is.

Back