This weeks mystery object

Rek

Reaction score
I found one of these at the bottom of the door. There does not appear to be one anywhere on the other door and I cannot find anything on RealOEM.

Its made of lead and has felt on one side.

If I was a guessing man, does it add some weight to the door and stop a clang on something striking it? Has anyone got any ideas? I would search the forum but I would not know how to describe it in a search. Lead thingy?

IMG_5385.jpg
IMG_5386.jpg
IMG_5387.jpg

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
And just a general FYI. The felt is identical in appearance, feel and thickness to certain rug pads. The pad on one of our rugs is now imperceptibly (so far) shorter on one end.

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi Guy, its sticks to the back of the door handle. One of mine fell off this week and is rattling around inside my door right

afishe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I find it moderately hilarious that sill covers and headlight access panels and the like were swapped for alloy to "save weight" on the CSL - yet the big old lumps of lead were left in the doors

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I find it moderately hilarious that sill covers and headlight access panels and the like were swapped for alloy to "save weight" on the CSL - yet the big old lumps of lead were left in the doors

The weight difference between Alu doors and normal Euro Cs/ Csi doors, in spite of the lead pieces are:
CSL door 10.420kg
Euro CS/CSi door 14.000kg.
US doors are 17.200kg.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Well I learned something! I have (had) one of those knocking around the parts boxes but never knew where it came from.

I'm not likely to disassemble my door to reinstall it, even if it came along and bit me on the knee. But... ya never know!