This'll make you sick!

piezopaul

Reaction score
I read in Classic Car Mag, which was doing an article on Aston Martin DB5's (another cool car) that the reason the new James Bond only drove the car a short distance in one scene was because HE CAN'T DRIVE A STICK SHIFT!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! i feel a little better, i think that helped.

Well I guess the Brits are getting as soft as the Yanks, It used to be that an automatic transmission was a novelty - at least when I lived there 30+ years ago (and drove a 650 Mini).

Tilla
650 mini you must of blanked off one of the cylinders! Smallest available was an 850cc that everlasting A-series engine with Lucas prince of darkness electrics!
I should know I learnt to drive with one and had several oh dear
:p
Malc

Malc you are right, the only excuse is that it was over 30 years ago. As far as Lucas, I remember one time the started froze on me and the solution in the repair manual was to put it in gear and rock the car to release the solenoid :) I also remember snapping the throttle cable going uphill, I pulled over and found a pull tab from a soda can and wedged it into the carburetor linkage and drove it several miles on - oh the poor clutch. I still have fond memories of that car, the above included.

My first car was also a Mini (998cc) Fantastic little car, had loads of fun in it, learnt all those important driving skills like handbrake turns etc in it, and how to rebuild the brake and clutch hydraulics about every 6 months when it was time for WOF, top speed 123kph (136kph downhill with tail wind) fantastic little cars, great memories. :)

Dare I say all of us over a certain age have a soft spot for a minis.... :wink:
Don't know why, well maybe basically my miss-spent youth!
Even raced one years ago
Malc

Back