Thought it was a CSL!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Remember the eBay add for 2213744 where the seller said he thought it was a CSL? The Roundel classifieds now lists it for $2500:

"three owners (last family for 20 years), bought to restore because I thought that it was a CSL, runs and drives but needs total restoration, rust repaired and should get resealed"

Wonder if it's the same seller or the new owner who didn't do his homework?

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8585&highlight=2213744

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris,
I saw this earlier and thought the same thing. Seems to be the same seller - the login name and location match between the cca and ebay ads.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
c'mon, the guy new it wasn't a CSL. he was just trying to make people think it might be one. its kinda like a guy calling a 528e an M5 because the previous owner put an "M" badge on the car. don't laugh, i went to look at a car with a friend and it was exactly the case ... until he saw my e30 M3, and then quickly changed his tune.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like the way the dome light illuminates the floral pattern on the sunroof fabric. Nice touch.

Stefan

Reaction score
Remember that this car was a beauty past

Always sad to see a car in this condition. Is it beyond repair? Spare car for this amount of money?

I hope this car ends up in the right hands in the end. :)

But my question is about the unit to the right of the steering wheel. First time I see this kind of permanent mounted equipment. Looks like from the digital period, but as it seems of no value since it's still in the car.

Motorhead

Reaction score
But my question is about the unit to the right of the steering wheel. First time I see this kind of permanent mounted equipment. Looks like from the digital period, but as it seems of no value since it's still in the car.

It looks like a Blaupunkt Berlin radio control gooseneck. From the 1980's, but rare and very expensive new. Here's a slightly different one currently on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLAUPUNKT...783198?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item231175b95e

Stefan

Reaction score