thoughts on Seat Upholstery Kits from World Upholstery

I feel like this is already well covered in previous posts?
Either way quality product when I purchased a full set 4 years ago. Carpet is good too.

Don't apologize...like the "tires" threads, things can change as to availability, fit, price, quality etc. This is timely for me as I've been on the fence as to buying a kit versus having some custom made, and about ready to pull the trigger...
Thomas, thanks for chiming in...couple of questions...
1.Could we see a couple of pictures of how yours turned out?...
2.Did you buy new cores/etc, use all new foam instead of "horse-hair", or use some new padding (foam/fibre) over old buns?
3.Any fit problems?
Appreciate any and all input...

I bought a front and rear seat for my e9 from World Upholstery in 2005. Great quality and price. I had them professionally installed. The ack seats look great, as rarely use but I'll likely to replace the fronts,, after 19 years. No tears just worn.

Previous posts others stated that GAHH leather seemed to be a better quality. I used World when I replaced mine in 2015 because it was a better color match to the original tan pigskin. I do not think either have the original tuck in the front seat bottom. The rear seats in the World sometimes do have a little bit too much material and would need to be tightened up a bit by the installer.

Don't apologize...like the "tires" threads, things can change as to availability, fit, price, quality etc. This is timely for me as I've been on the fence as to buying a kit versus having some custom made, and about ready to pull the trigger...
Thomas, thanks for chiming in...couple of questions...
1.Could we see a couple of pictures of how yours turned out?...
2.Did you buy new cores/etc, use all new foam instead of "horse-hair", or use some new padding (foam/fibre) over old buns?
3.Any fit problems?
Appreciate any and all input...
Dave I replaced foam as needed with automotive grade stuff, 2 different densities if I recall based on location in the seat.
I also removed the old horsehair and skinned the springs with upholstery "burlap", I can't recall the actual term.
No fitment issues for me but bear in mind I'm not a professional.

Tim and Dave,
The upper seatback horsehair will be reusable and just stretch a new piece of bolster foam over the old existing, add some cuts of dacron fill in spots where it appears baggy and the seatbacks are done. As Thomas said the bottom horsehair is a throw away and more of a project. I did similar to Thomas for seat foam.

Here is a PDF if you want to see some pictures, notes and foam specs. I've benefitted from others doing and sharing.
I liked the GAHH leather best, as compared to the other, from the samples supplied.
PM me if you want to see the end product. And BTW GAHH gave me a sale price that was lower - can't hurt to ask.

Attachments

• Hi E9 seat enthusiast - bottom assembly instructions.pdf
    796 KB · Views: 46
Tim and Dave,
The upper seatback horsehair will be reusable and just stretch a new piece of bolster foam over the old existing, add some cuts of dacron fill in spots where it appears baggy and the seatbacks are done. As Thomas said the bottom horsehair is a throw away and more of a project. I did similar to Thomas for seat foam.

Here is a PDF if you want to see some pictures, notes and foam specs. I've benefitted from others doing and sharing.
I liked the GAHH leather best, as compared to the other, from the samples supplied.
PM me if you want to see the end product. And BTW GAHH gave me a sale price that was lower - can't hurt to ask.
Nicely put together with some great docs....thanks!

Back