Thoughts on this E9 from BAT

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've been watching this thread anxiously. There's a lot of negative comments, and good solid tough love. I have trouble throwing the baby out with the bath water. This coupe is definitely a saver, in my opinion. Just comes down to a cost -or- effort equation. It would be hard to feel good with $30k in the acquisition, and then "paid for" metal work. A do-it-yourself fabricator can look a lot better here. Or, as Don suggested, buying it for $10k puts you in a better position at the start. I am "saving" a rough car right now, and really enjoying the process. But it takes a certain blind intensity (read "insanity") and rigor to take it on.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bottom line, you will spend a bunch more than the final worth of the car and never recoop (no pun intended) your money. This is how I approached my purchase and I was ok with it. You have to decide if you are too.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bottom line, you will spend a bunch more than the final worth of the car and never recoop (no pun intended) your money. This is how I approached my purchase and I was ok with it. You have to decide if you are too.
These are emotional investments. ;)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
yup, sold to original top bidder

Stay on the hunt. Don’t be another BaT statistic! :) There are a number of active commenters supposedly looking for a car. The pattern is the same. Complain about rust on cars they can afford, and then lust for cars they can’t afford “hoping” the auction doesn’t exceed their unrealistic budget.

That isn’t a commentary on your behavior - someone who paid to play and took a risk with rust.

I strongly believe that there will be numerous cars to pick from this fall.

posix

Reaction score
Stay on the hunt. Don’t be another BaT statistic! :) There are a number of active commenters supposedly looking for a car. The pattern is the same. Complain about rust on cars they can afford, and then lust for cars they can’t afford “hoping” the auction doesn’t exceed their unrealistic budget.

That isn’t a commentary on your behavior - someone who paid to play and took a risk with rust.

I strongly believe that there will be numerous cars to pick from this fall.
Thanks for the encouragement. Quite a few people reached out selling their e9s, I am hopeful that I can be an e9 owner soon :)

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry, you just missed this one; my parts car went to a new home about an hour ago...Associate of the fellow that bought my project car is saving this one from my sawzall...it was going to be wall art and stripped and scrapped (further than already..), but he's grafting to a NASCAR tube frame, LS1, and a body kit...to go with his 61 Chevy station wagon with an LS1...He's a very talented young man. Some people will hate it, but its better than being turned into beer cans...

Attachments

• parts car 4.JPG
    parts car 4.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 75
  • parts car 3.JPG
    parts car 3.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 75
  • parts car 2.JPG
    parts car 2.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Chesapeake parts car.JPG
    Chesapeake parts car.JPG