Tii booster and B35 manifold

Mine is ever so slightly off. I thought about slotting the booster bracket holes to slide it over just a bit, but haven't committed to that yet. I am wondering if it has to do with the adapter plates that I fabricated. They are a little thick, but even on both sides... Hmmm...

Yes, I know what you mean. I cut out about 3.5" from the bracket. Know it sets back out of the way completely. I thought the Tii booster was extremely close as well.

Actually, I am using a booster from an Alfa that is supposed to be the same as the Tii booster. The diameter is right at 7". I dont remember what the Tii booster is, but I am trying to figure out where the clearance issue is coming from.

Are B35 manifolds deeper than B34 manifolds?

Could it be possible that the adapters shifted the motor to the drivers side more? (they are falt plate and equal thickness left and right).

Pics of the offending booster: http://picasaweb.google.com/senorcarey/BavariaBooster?feat=directlink

Last edited:
Yes, I know what you mean. I cut out about 3.5" from the bracket. Know it sets back out of the way completely. I thought the Tii booster was extremely close as well.

I sincerely entertained this idea also. Two things come to mind:

1. Where did you mount the coolant reservoir?

2. Were you lucky enough to be able to cut and re-weld while in the car? I have an extra pedal bracket, but didn't want to go through the trouble of removing the steering column if I could do it in car.

Last edited:
The reservoir is in the same place. I had to take down the steering column to make the cut. You will have to just bend the brake lines back a little.

Attachments

• IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0226.jpg
    IMAG0226.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0232.jpg
    IMAG0232.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Your booster bracket is a little different than mine, interesting. My bracket is round. I just looked at where that would place the booster in relation to the coolant reservoir and it looks as if it may fit. I am worried about the bottom port that goes to the t-junction. Doesn't look like a lot of space.

1. Do you have the plastic reservoir?

2. Still using the Tii booster?

3. How much of a pain was pulling the steering column? It looks as if it has to come apart and out.

I really appreciate the pics!

Scott C.

Back