tire jack fit

The wrench was used on all E3 and E12 530i models, the jack looks like it was specific to the E9. They do look similar to the 2002 ones...

Tire Jack

The real question is whether any of us would risk jacking our e9 from the
side support where the stock jack fits. I have the jack and of course my coupe is "rust free" but I bought another jack to use under the car in a more solid spot (it's all relative).

Jacks and jacking pads on "rust free" coupes

many years ago on my daughters 18th birthday--she in back seat of BLUMAX on the way to a resturant--was in an industrial section of San Diego when left rear tire went flat--BTW--at slower speeds there is little indication of a flat tire until it is REALLY FLAT.

Got the trusty jack and lug wrench out to perform spare tire transplant--placed jack in pad ahead of LR wheel and jacked up the car--all without incident as jack pad was/is solid--however--just as I finished the transplant car decided to roll off the jack--had neglected to adequately block front wheel opposite the driver side rear--Uuummm--did put dent in side of BLUMAX--so do trust that the jack will work--but maybe not without incident of either--untrustworthy rusty jack pad especially in "rust belt states" or inadequate blocking of opposite corner wheel from jack

"voice of experience with factory issue jack and tools"

Back