Tools?

cdk2921

Reaction score
I bought my E9 without a tool kit and Im wondering if anyone knows where the best place to buy a set is? Have seen a few on Ebay and normally goes for about 150 I believe. Any other thoughts or ideas about where to get a tool kit? Thanks!

I believe CSi in CA has reconditioned toolkits or have the ability to recondition existing shells if you have happen to find one.

Dan Kutorov (sp?) might also have a toolkit available. Either way they do not come cheap when found either restored or in original condition.

Please remember.....do not keep the tools in the toolkit while driving, store them in a pouch. The weight of the tools is the main cause of failure of the toolkits.

Tools

You might try with Carl Nelson (1-800-466-8184 (phone), [email protected], www.bimmerdoc.com). I bougt the inside (where the tools are put) of the tool box from Carl only a week ago.

However, it is very difficult to find a tool kit in good shape. I bought one in Sweden that I have restored with a new layer of fiberglas. The problem is that the tool kit will crack very easily when it gets old (in addition to its rather weak original structure).

Regarding the tools - A friend of mine bought some of the tools from BMW (dealer). You can also buy them from www.jaymic.com (Part Number: CSBD.8100 Price: £81.84). Just make sure that it is the right brand (manufacture).

regards, Per

Toolkit

There is one currently posted on ebay (no affiliation) 320106425147
Already at $350 with over a day left!! Looks nearly complete, however.

Back