Triple Weber 40DCOE's FS

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guys
The three Weber 40DCOE's that came with my Alpina intake system are for sale.

These are made in Italy (not Spain, not Mexico, not China).
All three are TIPO 31, No. 7D
These are a matching set, not one from here and another from there.

They should be good as is for a 3.0 to 3.3l stock motors. With a choke change they might be ok for a stock 3.5l. The car they came off of is maintained by VSR1 and Mario said they were running well when Removed (owner changed to modern FI).

I'm going to 45's because my new motor (done by VSR1) is a bigger heavy breather designed to be run at mostly high rpm and therefore needs 45's.

This is just the bare carbs, no manifolds, linkage or ancillaries.

How about $700 for the set?

John Feng

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
John, If you could let me know what jets and setup you are running on the 45's once installed that would be appreciated.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
John, If you could let me know what jets and setup you are running on the 45's once installed that would be appreciated.

Sure. I hope to have enough $$ left to optimize on an engine dyno.
What are your motor specs?

Mario is doing a souped up B9 motor for me. Have not yet seem what he picked for a cam, but I told him my target use range is 2500-7000 rpm and it need not last more than 20k miles before it needs a valve job and bearings. Kind of a 1/2 race motor. So the Venturi/choke choice is sure to Sacrifice some low end torque.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
FWIW, these are period correct for cars made in the early/mid 1970's.
TIPO 31 has three progression holes and were the new OEM carb on cars like the later Lotus Elans and Europas).
These carbs could very well be what came with the Alpina triple Weber DCOE setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car has high compression pistons, Alpina Cam and headers. Not sure what the displacement is.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car has high compression pistons, Alpina Cam and headers. Not sure what the displacement is.

Your motor sounds similar to what Mario is building for me (A B9 3.5l engine with some additional hot rodding). It's the one he was selling last spring. And yes I know I could've gotten a lot more HP for less $ just by starting with a B35. But the romance of bringing back a B9 from the dead was too interesting an idea for me to pass up.

I'll let you know how it torso the dyno.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another set, those were 151's with a Korman manifold.

Right
The set Mario hand FS was a great deal. All of the stuff Mario puts up FS here are great deals. For all I know my asking price sucks, as I really don't ink the market. Hence the OBO. I do know that Alfa guys like having period correct Italian Webers (that's what is on my race car). Yes of course I know these aren't mega buck DCO3's but I though maybe someone might like having something of the right vintage and config. It's that same sentiment that led me to dump a nice ready-to-drop-in rebuilt B35 and spend 5x more on this motor. cheaper is not always better.

John

James

Reaction score
Right
The set Mario hand FS was a great deal. All of the stuff Mario puts up FS here are great deals. For all I know my asking price sucks, as I really don't ink the market. Hence the OBO. I do know that Alfa guys like having period correct Italian Webers (that's what is on my race car). Yes of course I know these aren't mega buck DCO3's but I though maybe someone might like having something of the right vintage and config. It's that same sentiment that led me to dump a nice ready-to-drop-in rebuilt B35 and spend 5x more on this motor. cheaper is not always better.

John

Hi John, are these still for sale? I'm interested.

James

daddywad

Reaction score
Hi all, I still have Alpina repro airboxes, elbows and manifolds for these carbs if anyone needs them to complete the Alpina look

Mark