Trunk(boot)floor board

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
hi All,

The floor boards in the trunk are in decent shape and so is the elephant skin wrap, minus some skufs, scratches and small tears.

Looking to source the material to recover the panels.

Contact Christoph at CS Werke. He is a member here off late.

i got some from a BMW dealer a few years ago for around 45 / meter. word to the wise, it you buy some, you need to determine if you need to replace the skin on the rear trunk panel. if you do, then you need to buy a piece that is at least 2m continuous. it takes a piece that is about 5'-3" long to do the rear panel.

i got some from a BMW dealer a few years ago for around 45 / meter. word to the wise, it you buy some, you need to determine if you need to replace the skin on the rear trunk panel. if you do, then you need to buy a piece that is at least 2m continuous. it takes a piece that is about 5'-3" long to do the rear panel.
Ahhh, good point. Looks like I will be needing a few yards....I’m sure once one panel is replaced, they will all need to be replaced.

Rex,

the textures are slightly different as are the colors. i replaced the skin on all 3 floor boards and on the rear panel around the lights. i left the original skin on the inner fenders and on the trunk panels. the colors are slightly different in the dye lots of the skin, so one of my boards is slightly lighter, but very close. i chose to replace all 3 boards because i didn't want to paint new skin as well as the old skin so they would match. skin that is in the exact plane shows the difference ... skin that is in a plane 90 or 180 degrees will always look different anyway so no need to worry about replacing those if they are still in good shape.

my 2 cents
scott

Rex,

the textures are slightly different as are the colors. i replaced the skin on all 3 floor boards and on the rear panel around the lights. i left the original skin on the inner fenders and on the trunk panels. the colors are slightly different in the dye lots of the skin, so one of my boards is slightly lighter, but very close. i chose to replace all 3 boards because i didn't want to paint new skin as well as the old skin so they would match. skin that is in the exact plane shows the difference ... skin that is in a plane 90 or 180 degrees will always look different anyway so no need to worry about replacing those if they are still in good shape.

my 2 cents
scott
Also a good point Scott, I guess I have to lay them all out Assess the panels.

Thanks to all that contributed to this thread. I’ll share my finding and final product with all.

Back