Trying to be a Maserati/Glas? 1971 Gilbern Invader Mk II

I've never seen one either. Thanks for posting! I get the Peugeot comparison. I get a little Fiat from it too. I kind of love the seriousness of the dash. Not pretty, but purposeful - look at all those gauges!

A little research shows that it's a Welsh car (thus the dragon emblem on the grill), and the only make to be fully birthed in Wales. The engine is a 3.0 liter Ford V-6 that supposedly produced 135 hp. Leaving that engine output aside, it looks like the bulk of the engine weight is situated behind the front wheels. I wonder how it handles?

Yeah, rear suspension is solid axel, that ford V6 had some pretty high output versions
I've never seen one either. Thanks for posting! I get the Peugeot comparison. I get a little Fiat from it too. I kind of love the seriousness of the dash. Not pretty, but purposeful - look at all those gauges!

A little research shows that it's a Welsh car (thus the dragon emblem on the grill), and the only make to be fully birthed in Wales. The engine is a 3.0 liter Ford V-6 that supposedly produced 135 hp. Leaving that engine output aside, it looks like the bulk of the engine weight is situated behind the front wheels. I wonder how it handles?
Dashes with lots of gauges, levers and toggle switches are cool. Has a James Bond feel :)

Someone spent a fair amount of time on that restoration at some point. I like it and agree with 150-160hp, it could be quite fun... Definitely unique

Back