Jamison

Reaction score
My left blinker works 90% of time
Right blinker only works if I jiggle and press against stalk
Hazards work all the time

I replaced flasher relay
I’ve tried two other stalks
Same result

I just noticed I do not have a ground wire going from my turn signal assembly. I have a “stub” - no wire

Perhaps this is the problem?

Where does ground wire from assembly connect ? Pics would be helpful. Assume I can just drill small hole on body and use eyelet and screw to ground?

This turn signal mystery has become a real time sink.

Your Truly - Perplexed In New Jersey

The ground goes directly from chassis to the bulbs, if the hazard function works fine then the ground is fine.
The turn stalk routes positive voltage from the flasher relay to the bulbs. One failure mode is a bad hazard switch that fails to route the positive voltage to the flasher, if it works while jiggling the hazard, then bingo. But you suggest it works when jiggling the stalk... I would ensure you have the positive output of the flasher at pin 54 of the turn stalk.
Does left turn signal work?

Left signal that works, with all four hazard lights working can only be two things:
- Bad stalk (but you tried that)
- Bad cable (partially broken) coming out of the R pin of the stalk (or bad connector pin).

There is a long shot possibility that it is resistance related as the flasher circuit cares about the resistance of the bulb path. But solving this requires exorcism skills.

Back