Umberto and Gabriel in San Diego... Big Thanks!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I recently posted about needing help in San Diego with my niece's 2003 328i. I'm 600 miles away and the distance can make things very frustrating! Arde replied and said his son Gabriel was in the area and can check it out, so I took him up on his offer. Gabriel admitted to having limited mechanical knowledge, but has been around BMW's enough to give me a good "look" at it. He checked it out and got me going in the right direction, although before having it towed to a shop I had another offer by Umberto Cannarsa (IS3FIFTY) to stop by and have a look. Turns out it was the housing on the upper radiator hose. Ordered a new one and Umberto installed it, filled the coolant system and everything is running awesome now!

Huge thanks to both Gabriel and Umberto for helping out a fellow BMW guy.

Dan

OZCSi

Reaction score
That is just so great .

I had a similar story with a young woman in our office who had an e36 that blew the top radiator hose. I assumed as did the dealer that it would be the plastic neck that had broken...BUT without even checking they ordered a new radiator. I intervened out of pure chance and with the screwdriver from toolbox and a new clamp..they were sorted for about 50 cents.

Just so great when society works as it should......